Bkool Pro - Flywheel spares needed? UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

psprigs

Hi,
1st Post..

I have a bkool pro black, the flywheel is warped, the magnets have made marks in the rear of the disc, and shavings from the magnet are building up... the resistance on easy has a on/off feel just what you would expect on a warped item, on high resistance the on/off feel makes it so un-natural just like not pedaling smoothly so its not really fun. At high rpm's on my hardest gearing it get major vibrations as if the trainer wants to explode.
Im getting vibrations through the frame... its not the roller part.

Ive been onto bkool under warranty and have sent videos and they have said yes its out of line, its only done 140 miles, never dropped or cracked plastic.. perfect condition... ive said about the markings on the disc which they have ignored... I took it to a local bkool re-seller who said thats bad and had a test on a new one which was perfect... Now bkool want to have a video with audio so they can hear the vibration and see on a pc how the cadance is being recieved on the software to see if its my error of my legs!.
Ive offered to send the unit back to them at my cost, ive said look and test it and if you still think its within your tolerence levels then send it back and ill bin it...
So far they have been ok with responces and ive sent videos expect then last bit of audio video which isnt going to tell them anything...

Anyway...

Im after a flywheel in the UK if anyone know where i can get spares from...

RickB

professional procrastinator
Wouldn't think there would be any official stockist of spares in the UK unfortunately.

Sounds like you're getting a lot of hassle but also sounds like Bkool will get you sorted. Hope it all works out for you.

Norseman

Fortunately, I bought mine at the local bike shop. 1.7 km from the top of Alpe d'Huez it seized up completely. I have read this thread before and was taking a video with audio to send to the bike shop, but now I just go there tomorrow and (hopefully) get a replacement.

I didn't notice any shavings until this evening and localized the sound to come between 6 and 9% incline. I haven't noticed any vibration from the flywheel (at least not now on account of it being stuck :-)

Norseman

The local bike shop called today and had spoken to the importer. I can stop by the shop and pick up a new resistance unit today. The local bike shop was the cheapest (by £ 25,- in local currency) in comparison to other stores online and with this kind of service in addition, I'm glad I made the call to them and asked for a price on the Bkool Pro. Can't wait to get it going again this evening.

Top Bottom