Bkool Pro or Go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello, I'm really liking the idea of these smart trainers and software but not sure if the Pro is worth the extra over the Go.
The Pro says it will replicate a 20% incline and the Go a 8% incline. If i got the Go would i regret it everytime i loaded a hilly course?
Many thanks in advance.

CXRAndy

Guru
I can't comment on the Go, but the Pro does not increase in resistance over 9% of you're a heavy strong rider.

RickB

professional procrastinator
Agree with Andy - the Go probably wont do over 6 - which is what my first Smart trainer was capable of. Was regretting it shortly afterwards as the hills werent the challenge they should be! At least on the Pro I'm in the smallest gear and grinding up the hills.

Bkool had the cheek to challenge me over this point recently when I suggested their Pro trainers only do up to a max of 12% for most riders. They insist it will do 20% - maybe if you weigh about 40kg it will!! :laugh:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Andy and Rick, is this still the case following the updates? I weigh 75kilos adn on yesterdays goat ride anything over 10% was straight to the 28 and then the 15%plus were shear torture. My legs really hurt today!

CXRAndy

Guru
Andy and Rick, is this still the case following the updates? I weigh 75kilos adn on yesterdays goat ride anything over 10% was straight to the 28 and then the 15%plus were shear torture. My legs really hurt today!

Bob, it doesn't feel different to me whether 9% or 15%, there again I am 4 Stone heavier than you. You wait when the Kickr comes :whistle:

RickB

professional procrastinator
Cant say I've noticed any difference Bob. Still no change over 11%ish for me.

romani-ite-domum6.jpg

Attachments

• romani-ite-domum6.jpg
    romani-ite-domum6.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 101

bobinski

Legendary Member
@RickB and andy
Perhaps its just my wimpy legs or i have the only fully functioning bkool pro in existance:ohmy::laugh:

I may have my pro for sale in next week or so....ordered a neo at a significantly reduced price and just waiting for Amazon to get stock in. Andy. i could have got a refurbished kickr for £650 at the wahoo site.

OP
OP
Incontinentia Buttocks

Incontinentia Buttocks

Über Member
Well that's total shoot, tried to place the order via Bkool site and apparently it isn't available in my Country, despite being in the UK. Not a great start.

CXRAndy

Guru
Being moderately light (around 68/69 kg) what sort of gradient do you reckon I might get out of my Bkool Pro when I get my hands on it?

Maybe 12-15% It won't be ridiculously easy at those gradients even if you're super strong developing 400Watts whilst climbing.

Top Bottom