BKOOL Pro Quick Release Skewer - where from?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My wife has just started to use my Bkool Pro (on BigRingVR) and will use her Giant Hybrid. I swapped over the skewer from my bike for her to have test and play
but I can't find anywhere I can buy a second skewer. Any ideas please.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
My wife has just started to use my Bkool Pro (on BigRingVR) and will use her Giant Hybrid. I swapped over the skewer from my bike for her to have test and play
but I can't find anywhere I can buy a second skewer. Any ideas please.
Wiggle : this skewer is the same thing.

You may save a pound on ebay but is it worth it

Last edited:

theboxers

Afaicr the right one fits the the pro (I have a classic 2 and a pro). The classic 2 is rounded at both ends, like the black one.
Wiggle : Tacx skewer (bkool classic iirc)

Wiggle : bkool pro iirc

Last edited:
OP
OP
MasterDabber

MasterDabber

Über Member
Afaicr the right one fits the the pro (I have a classic 2 and a pro). The classic 2 is rounded at both ends, like the black one. View attachment 508835 Wiggle : Tacx skewer (bkool classic iirc)

Wiggle : bkool pro iirc
The one I have has the same bevelled end as shown on the silver one at the non-lever end at both ends. The cups it sits in are shaped the same both sides to accomodate the bevel.
Like this
https://support.bkool.com/hc/en-us/...heel-to-use-a-Bkool-Go-or-Bkool-Pro2-trainer-

theboxers

theboxers

I'm on my phone so didn't see it was OoS.

Ebay will probably be your best bet. Or if you have a skewer like the lever end of the righthand one you could swap the non lever end over to test if it works ok

OP
OP
MasterDabber

MasterDabber

Über Member
Thanks for all your help @theboxers ...much appreciated. I'll have to play around with it as you suggest. I guess Bkool pulling out of the turbo business has screwed things. There's probably some old ones lying around from defunct trainers somewhere but whether they appear on ebay is anyone's guess. I'll keep looking.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Have you actually tried your existing skewers? On my previous Tacx wheel on trainers they accepted pretty much any skewer, I don't think I ever really used the official Tacx one.

OP
OP
MasterDabber

MasterDabber

Über Member
Have you actually tried your existing skewers? On my previous Tacx wheel on trainers they accepted pretty much any skewer, I don't think I ever really used the official Tacx one.
I've offered a tacx one up to the Bkool cups but they only just enter a couple of mm into the retaining cups. This is because they aren't bevelled but the cups are. I would want to risk riding like that as I don't think it would be very secure.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've used standard skewers before - you'll get a little more movement, but they will be secure. I'm only using the Tacx one now as the bike is a turbo bike. Before that, I just popped the bike in with the standard Shimano skewer.

I can see Mrs F wanting to use Zwift on her hybrid. Wonder if Zwift will give us a free second account ?

Top Bottom