Bkool simulator - Android tv box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

humphuk

Regular
Hi. I have been running Bkool on two laptops...with results I dont really understand, as the higher spec PC (processor, graphics, SSD) has a harder time with the Bkool app (delays, rendering quality etc). I noticed it looks fine on my android phone - so wonder if anyone has been successful running the simulator on an Android TV box? And if so, have you got ANT+ working?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Why would a TV box have the ANT+ antennae in it though?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Just crazy enough that it might work.
I was just crazy enough to try it. Plugged in ANT+ stick, installed bkool sim and ant+ radio service.

Besides a few issues with it forgetting login info (could be bkools fault) it actually works. Paired my HRM but my PM and trainer are too far away. No reason why they wouldn't be available otherwise. Haven't got a clue what the hardware in this box is but it's apparently an M8 quadcore job

Had it running in the background for a while now (wifi) it's looks decent enough surprisingly :ohmy:
iLjmFcJl.jpg

Last edited:

andyrod

Hello,

Thank you so much T.M.H.N.E.T for sharing this experience. I have been searching for that information for the last weeks.

Bkool defines the minimum Android requirements as: Android 4.3, 1 GB RAM, Dual Core.

Can you please provide more information on the box you used? My tests using the GI Spark2 Combo (Android 4.4, 1GB RAM, Quad core Cortex-A7 CPU up to 1.5GHz) are just a disaster: freezing, no 3D... Might have a relation with the GPU.

AR

Top Bottom