Bkool Smart Pro 2 breakdown with new firmware (3.25)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Antonio Padilha

I used Bkool Smart Pro 2 during months with no problems. Just perfect.
Last week I update my trainer firmware to the last firmware (3.25). Since than it no longer works properly. I ride slow and it measure 65000 Watts (!!!!) and moves ate 120Km/h (!!!!).
I contacted Bkool but with no answerd until now. I am start to get desesperated because now it´s completely unusable and I don´t know what to do.

Is anyone having the same problem? is it possible do instal de previous firmware again?

Thanks

CXRAndy

Guru
Email Bkool. they are slow to respond. Also can you try and re install the older firmware version?

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I mail them last week. Still waiting for one answer.
I don't find a way to install the older firmware. Do you know if it is possible to do it?
Thanks

Which simulator are you using? First try and remove all pairings and then re-pair it.

I don’t think you can downgrade the firmware yourself. Bkool might have a special tool to do it, which they will use in a remote session (TeamViewer) with you.

Matt Eccles

I used Bkool Smart Pro 2 during months with no problems. Just perfect.
Last week I update my trainer firmware to the last firmware (3.25). Since than it no longer works properly. I ride slow and it measure 65000 Watts (!!!!) and moves ate 120Km/h (!!!!).
I contacted Bkool but with no answerd until now. I am start to get desesperated because now it´s completely unusable and I don´t know what to do.

Is anyone having the same problem? is it possible do instal de previous firmware again?

Thanks
I have the same problem having upgraded the firmware last week. I have emailed bkool but not heard back. Please let me know if you hear anything from them

OP
OP
Antonio Padilha

Antonio Padilha

I have the same problem having upgraded the firmware last week. I have emailed bkool but not heard back. Please let me know if you hear anything from them

HI! They reply 5 days later. But with no solution as you can see:

"Hi Antonio,

Thanks for your message. We would need to check your trainer out through an online assistance. However, as a consequence of the situation in which we find ourselves, the customer service department is at minimum capacity and working from home, therefore we cannot perform carry out quality online assistances at the moment.
Therefore we are forced to not be able to make an appointment to assist you.

We understand that this decision bothers you and generates discomfort, we apologize for it and we attach the code of a coupon so that you can enjoy an additional 30 days for free.

Coupon Code: "XXXXXXXXXXX"

Our most sincere apologies. We will try to restore the service as soon as possible and will keep you posted. "

Until now they didn't say anything more. I´m still wainting.
I think I´m going to emails then again pressing to solv the problem. This is really interfering with my trein.

Please let me know if you find a way to fix this problem.

OP
OP
Antonio Padilha

Antonio Padilha

Which simulator are you using? First try and remove all pairings and then re-pair it.

I don’t think you can downgrade the firmware yourself. Bkool might have a special tool to do it, which they will use in a remote session (TeamViewer) with you.

I´am using Bkool and Zwift. Both with the same problem.
I already remove all pairings and then re-pair it. I even uninstall e install again the simulator, but ir didn´t work.

peter1002

Hello
I do have the same problem since today
Does anyone found a solution on this problem?
Thanks in advance

BernhardR

Hi all, same here with my Bkool Smart Pro 2. After upgrading to firmware 3.25 three weeks ago by the Bkool Toolkit App the trainer is literally unusable anymore. Pedalling resistance is off the charts as soon as you connect the trainer to the software. When starting a session you are immediately at an indicated 65000 Watts which corresponds to an unbearable resistance at the pedal. You or at least me simply won't make any more than a few seconds of warming up, let alone any kind of workout.

I tried to fix this with the Bkool support. After explaining my issue with the 3.25 firmware upgrade in detail, they returned to me rather knowledgeable by addressing my setup, changes to my profile, status of the indication led along with some suggestions like performing a workout and an ftp test. Having answered all these questions thoroughly their next "idea" was to make an upgrade to firmware 3.25 which is supposed to solve it. I was like...you kidddin' me? Having explained the problems with that exact firmware upgrade only two emails ago I got upset. This was the whole point of my request, the resistance issues were caused by the upgrade in the first place. Are they just ignorant or simply incapable? I understand they might be a little overstrained right now. But obviously this is no one-of-a-kind issue and their buggy piece of software makes your expensive equipment useless.

If there are any workarounds or solutions I'd be very glad to hear about. Thank you!

mpe039

I have the exact same problem.... Have also ritten to Bkool support but still no answer. Please let me know if any find a solution.

L31gh

I also have the same problem and have been waiting a week for bkool support to reply to my email. Anyone got a fix yet?

L31gh

Hey all, just letting you know that I have had this fixed on my trainer, I logged a support request with Bkool and had a teamviewer session where they recalibrated my trainer. It is now working perfectly.

Novak82

Suddenly today my trainer started to act weirdly. Power drops for a second to 0 and resistance drops the same time, few seconds later, you feel like you would be going at 10% climb. I tested multiple simulator and different devices (mac, android,pc) issue remains.

Contacted Bkool support, but not sure how long takes them to respond.....

Novak82

Quick update. Bkool was really quick to respond and recalibrate my trainer.
Issue was caused by static energy created by turbo specific tyre. Bkool advised to use Dynamic Sport Road tyre, as it is only one recommended by them.

Top Bottom