Bkool training plans - create your own?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Hello all,

I am recovering from an accident that I had on the 10th Jan 17 and I've been told that I can get back on the bike so I would like to put together a fixed distance or time where I can control the gradient. Is this do-able as I am not too familiar with the Bkool Indoor software.

If not, is there another easy way to do this? Mobile app on Android would be fine.

Thanks, guys ;)

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Yes, it’s pretty easy to do it in Bkool.

Bkool already has some perfectly flat rides created by other people, so all you have to do is choose the distance you want. If you can’t find the exact distance, choose a longer one than you need, and then stop the ride when you’ve had enough.

To find existing sessions, click on Sessions, then on No GPS. Available rides are shown on the right hand side of the screen. You can see the profile of the ride as a blue band just above the black box showing the distance and level of difficulty. Use the distance slider on the left of the page to find something suitable.

If you prefer to create your own ride of a fixed distance, which I think is the better option if you want to include gradients, click on Sessions, then on Create a route, then on Manually.

Type your desired distance in metres in the Distance box.

In the Slope box, choose your gradient in increments of 0.1 % by typing in the number of degrees or by clicking the up and down arrows which appear when your cursor enters the box. The slope can go uphill (+ve numbers) or downhill (-ve numbers).

You can add different segments (Bkool calls them Intervals) and slopes to create (for example) a 10 km ride comprising 5 km flat followed by 2 km at 2 % followed by 3 km flat.

To create a ride lasting for a fixed time, you need to use workouts. Click on Sessions, then on Workout Creator.

Each segment of a workout has a maximum time of 59m 59s. You set the time by clicking on and editing the preset time of 1 minute or by clicking the up and down arrows which appear when your cursor enters the Time box.

You need to set the intensity, which is based on Bkool’s zones, which in turn are based on Bkool’s estimate of your threshold power. You can set the level of effort more precisely within the zone by editing the % number in the Intensity box.

You can add further segments to create a ride composed of different durations and levels of effort.

All workouts are on flat courses (though increasing the level of effort could be used to simulate a hill). If you want slopes of a definite gradient, you need to use a route, not a workout.

OP
OP
r04DiE

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
@Asa Post, many thanks for your detailed answer and I shall definitely take a look at this and let you know how I get along.

Much appreciated and thanks again! :smile:

Top Bottom