Bkool Winter Cup League (and leagues in general)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gos

Hi,

I'm just trying leagues for the first time now and joined the Bkool Winter Cup. I've ridden 3 stages this week - Lake Bodom Loop, Rio 2016 Triathlon and Tour de France 2017 S1. I joined from the leagues tab in the simulator and all 3 rides turn up with the little trophy icon in the page "My Activity" -> "History". Yet I have only 1 stage complete listed in the Winter Cup classification (leader board). Do you know why? How often is the classification (leaderboard) updated/calculated? Can I not ride any stage of a league at any time, as often as I want and the best result will count? Is that maybe only within a week (not the entire 15 week leage)? If not why is the ride marked with a trophy (if it does not count)?

I read the help and browsed the forum but this is still a little fuzzy.

Thanks, Gos

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
To qualify for the league a stage must be completed in the dates that it is open. Some stages may not show up as quickly as expected due to something falling outside the expected performance parameters and needing approval (weight changes, heart rate low, cadence low, signal loss etc.). A stage can be attempted as many times as you want within the eligibility window.

Oh and finally bkool does some strange shiv sometimes that delays the updating of leagues. But they usually get it right in the end.

OP
OP
gos

gos

Thanks for the swift reply. One more thing...if you miss a stage and skip the ride you get no points and no chance of making it up somehow - right?

Gos

Last edited:

theboxers

Yes an incomplete stage gets you no points and can not be done outside of the eligability window. But it does not end there.

A missed stage still gets you a time. The slowest time completed for the stage plus a percentage on top of that time is added to your total time to get you a finishing position in the league.

Reactions: gos
OP
OP
gos

gos

Thanks for your reply. A couple of more questions if I may. The duration of stage 4 is from 31/12/2016 to 08/04/2017 (actually all stages end 08/04/2017 which is the last day of the league). Is this stage from Saturday 31/12/2016 to Saturday 7/1/2017 i.e including both Saturdays (till midnight)? Also does it matter how you enter these sessions in the simulator. You might have scheduled it yourself during the week, you might have had it in your favorites, it shows up in the league- and group sections. So there are multiple ways of starting the session. It would be frustrating having ridden the stage only to find out it wasn't included because you started it "wrong"

theboxers

The 'bkool' leagues stages, winter and summer, tend to run from their start date to the last day of the league IME. It is best to enter a league stage through the league tab. We have seen some funny results when entering league stages through other tabs, stages are shown done and in the completed sessions list on your home page but not registered in the league.

Most here find challenging another riders completed stage the best way to do the league rides.

Reactions: gos
Top Bottom