Bl**dy B*gg*ry OIympic Tickets!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So having failed to get any Olympic tickets in all the previous rounds I was ready today for the 11:00 start of the Road Race Box Hill tickets (why do they start these things at 11:00 on a weekday - are they trying to favour the unemployed?)

Anyway logged in, searched for Road Race at Box Hill tickets, tick for the Mens Road Race on the Saturday and Womens on the Sunday. Press buy and it goes into a 15 minute count down while it checks availability. Bingo! You have been allocated tickets for both races. Press the purchase button, enter the credit card security code number, press Buy. "This transaction cannot be completed because you have not been allocated any tickets" !!! Height of elation to pit of despondency all because of a bug in their bl**dy system.

Try again from the start to be told the tickets requested are not available. Delete the Mens Race tickets on a hunch and finally manage to buy tickets for the Womens Race. Sigh of relief at at least getting something.

Phone up the Olympics ticket line and very sympathetic lady explains how they've had a lot of complaints of that happening but reassures me they are working on fixing it. "Why bother, you've got no tickets left to sell?" "Oh we need to fix it in case we need it again sometime" But nothing they are prepared to do about it

Still at least I got something but why oh why is ticketing run by such a bunch of incompetents.

compo

Veteran
I wonder if you will eventually be charged for your unsuccessful transaction.

london2012_logo.jpg

^_^

vickster

Legendary Member
I had the same issue, tried again, got 2 tickets for Box Hill for Men's race fortunately. I just had the laptop whirring in the background while working

Got to figure out how to get there, would cycle but presume nowhere to lock up and then there is a seriously big hill to get back up on the way home...train most likely

PpPete

Legendary Member
Tried to get tickets for several different cycling & swimming sessions in the first round of sales, and having failed, decided to put the money towards a new TV instead. Red Light's experience with the Box Hill tickets just confirms I made the right decision. Right F@ckign C@ckup the whole thing, just hoping that as taxpayers wee don't end up with a whopping bill at the end of it.

subaqua

What’s the point
Tried to get tickets for several different cycling & swimming sessions in the first round of sales, and having failed, decided to put the money towards a new TV instead. Red Light's experience with the Box Hill tickets just confirms I made the right decision. Right F@ckign C@ckup the whole thing, just hoping that as taxpayers wee don't end up with a whopping bill at the end of it.

we are already paying, and will continue to do so for many years. I won't post about how much waste there is or how much things have actually cost as opposed to what people think they have cost , as some eejit with no experience of being involved in building it will tell me i am wrong.

have a google for SIMES light fittings. the prices shown are for standard colours. nothing on the park is "standard"

henshaw11

A few of us at work got sat box hill tickets - but we both ran into the case of entering the credit card security code, then being told there were no tickets ! After another 15 min wait, managed to get another pair 'reserved' but this time reentered the whole CC details - success. Ditto my colleague a few mins later - probably almost 11:30 by that point. Whether they'd just fixed it, I dunno.

All a bit of a clusterf***, but way exceeded in clusterf***edness by the first round idiocy of order-whatever-you-can-pay-for..at least the recent presale locked you out from buying anything more that week, which was how it should have been done in the first place IMO..

e-rider

crappy member
So having failed to get any Olympic tickets in all the previous rounds I was ready today for the 11:00 start of the Road Race Box Hill tickets (why do they start these things at 11:00 on a weekday - are they trying to favour the unemployed?)

Anyway logged in, searched for Road Race at Box Hill tickets, tick for the Mens Road Race on the Saturday and Womens on the Sunday. Press buy and it goes into a 15 minute count down while it checks availability. Bingo! You have been allocated tickets for both races. Press the purchase button, enter the credit card security code number, press Buy. "This transaction cannot be completed because you have not been allocated any tickets" !!! Height of elation to pit of despondency all because of a bug in their bl**dy system.

Try again from the start to be told the tickets requested are not available. Delete the Mens Race tickets on a hunch and finally manage to buy tickets for the Womens Race. Sigh of relief at at least getting something.

Phone up the Olympics ticket line and very sympathetic lady explains how they've had a lot of complaints of that happening but reassures me they are working on fixing it. "Why bother, you've got no tickets left to sell?" "Oh we need to fix it in case we need it again sometime" But nothing they are prepared to do about it

Still at least I got something but why oh why is ticketing run by such a bunch of incompetents.
The entire olympics is run by a bunch of incompetents! I was severely pissed off about the ticketing situation until recently when I managed to buy womens MTB tickets for the whole family - not so happy to have to pay another £15 on top to park the car though; the tickets were already £45 each!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Yet again I failed miserably to get tickets for a cycling event. Looks like I will be camping alongside the road in Richmond Park or Hampton Court to get a glimpse or two of the boys and girls in full flow.:sad:

Top Bottom