Bl**dy Cars And Kids!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ramses

On my way home tonight, my last cycle ride home from my current job.
I thought, well I won't be coming this way for work again, so I can have a nice gentle ride home and just enjoy it.

Oh no, cars and kids have better ideas.

As I approach a roundabout near to Bournemouth Football Ground, there is a Volvo Estate sat at junction on the opposite side of the road, who wants to turn right and then cross the roundabout. As I approach the driver spots me, and hesitates, an hesitates, and then she decides that she can beat me. Albeit I am now virtually opposite her.

However it's ok for her to do this, as she pulls out in front of me, she waves and apologetic hand. "Sorry love, saw you coming, but i'll cut you up anyway!"

She drove across the roundabout and got stuck in a queue of traffic, and as I cycled past she gave me another apologetic wave!

If you know it's wrong to pull out in front of me, why bl**dy do it! You stupid c*w!

I carry on to the next set of lights, and take the left filter, and pass some school kind stood by the side of the road. Not boys, but girls. As I cycle past one of them decides it would be funny to shout rather loudly, Boo! and virtually jump into the road, causing me to swerve!

I didn't hit her with my bike, or anything else for the record. She was about 16, and so I just told her to Foxtrot Oscar!!

Not overly pleased with that as I shouldn't have sworn at her, but if she had caused me to fall off, I could have ended up under a car.

What is it with people!!!!!!!! God Damn It!!!!!
;):angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Trumpettom001

I was once on the old seggregated - "Black-on-one-side-red-on-the-other-side" track thing... and a kid was showing off for his girlfriend... he walked from the ped side to the bike side (with the intention of blocking me). One *little* parp of the airzound, and me refusing to change my course had him back on his side in no time.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
ramses said:
oundabout near to Bournemouth Football Ground, there is a Volvo Estate sat at junction on the opposite side of the road, who wants to turn right and then cross the roundabout. As I approach the driver spots me, and hesitates, an hesitates, and then she decides that she can beat me. Albeit I am now virtually opposite her.

I dunno what it is about Volvos but they are almost always driven by complete feckwits. If I can I always steer well clear of'em. There must be some kind of rule like with BMWs - only arse*oles are allowed to buy them.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've had a few folk pull out and then wave sorry....nothing lost I suppose..... Good job you didn't connect with a kid - XX stone of grown male at 20 mph into maybe 7-8 stone of 16 year old.....ouch (for the kid)..and you.....

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I was once on the old seggregated - "Black-on-one-side-red-on-the-other-side" track thing... and a kid was showing off for his girlfriend... he walked from the ped side to the bike side (with the intention of blocking me). One *little* parp of the airzound, and me refusing to change my course had him back on his side in no time.

Gotta love AirZound`s :rolleyes:

crankyhorse

Joggers riding side by side on cycle lanes shared with pedestrians with their iPods deafening them annoy me the most.

I carry on to the next set of lights, and take the left filter, and pass some school kind stood by the side of the road. Not boys, but girls. As I cycle past one of them decides it would be funny to shout rather loudly, Boo! and virtually jump into the road, causing me to swerve!

I didn't hit her with my bike, or anything else for the record. She was about 16, and so I just told her to Foxtrot Oscar!!

Not overly pleased with that as I shouldn't have sworn at her, but if she had caused me to fall off, I could have ended up under a car.

What is it with people!!!!!!!! God Damn It!!!!!
:dry:!:rolleyes:!:huh:!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

That's where an AirZound at full volume comes into its own!

The "Funky Pedestrian" is wonderful to watch!

Gotta love AirZound`s :biggrin:

When it hasn't run out of air,yes.

OP
OP
ramses

ramses

Because she is a human being and human beings make mistakes.

Appreciate we all make mistakes. But isn't a mistake when you do something then realise it's wrong.
This was not a case of doing something, then realising it was wrong. She knew she was doing wrong before she even did it.

Happy to accept an apology when it is a genuine mistake, or mis judgement.

Top Bottom