Bl**dy weather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Good photo Aperitif, that's what my garden looked like a couple of weeks ago, but with bigger ears :rolleyes:.

A smattering here today and it's chilly but the sun is shining strong.

derall

Guru
About two inches of snow in the Chilterns. Yesterday I was walking around London in a tee-shirt; today it's a couple of layers of wool.

derall

Guru
Yup, We've got glorious sunshine here now (though it's still a bit chilly), and I'm just wondering whether I'd be tempting fate if I went out for a quick spin

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Did 34 miles this morning round Alderley Edge - roads were pretty dry due to the strong sun - rather chilly and full thermals in use ! One botty clenching moment was realising that the water on the road wasn't water, when my bike went crunching over it - fortunately I was going in a straight line - loads of other bikes out. Snow on trees/bushes fields... just started again, but the earlier stuff has melted now.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Well the riders were lucky on their TT today.

It rained a bit on the way down to the course, but during the rides it stayed dry, slightly cloudy and with no wind although it was very cold.

The snow kicked in just as the last riders finished.

I went home, picked the family up and we drove up the road for a walk along the North Downs in up to 4" of snow in places which was very nice :angry:
Nothing much in the way of snow at home though, we're too close to the swamp sea for that.

I saw the sad proof of global warming today - most of the snow had melted by lunchtime.

simoncc

I woke in the night and looked outside on to a winter wonderland. By the morning all the snow had gone and by this afternoon I did my 20 mile loop into Cheshire in wind and sleet. I saw a large snowman in a garden in Ashley so some children must have been up bright and early to take full advantage of the snow.

gbb

Legendary Member
Mixed bag here today...
6 degrees when i went out at 10
Back at lunchtime...16 degrees in the sun ...maybe 10 degrees in the shade. Certainly didnt feel like 16 degrees.

I went out later to a snow furry...in the sunshine :angry: I looked skyward, there were no appreciable clouds above :thumbsup::wacko: WTF !!!!!

Went for a walk later...bright sunshine, warm out of the wind, cold if you were in it.

Top Bottom