1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bl**dy weather

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Panter, 5 Apr 2008.

1. Panter

Panter Just call me Chris...

Just when you think Spring has Sprung it bites you back :angry:

I've had to set up a fan heater in the greenhouse to stop all the developing seedlings dying off.

I'm marshalling a 25mile 2-up TT tomorrow, thats going to be a long cold vigil :thumbsup:

Roll on Summer..........

2. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

tell me about it. thought i'd watch the grand national and then take my new steed to the bike shop for a new saddle and it started to sleet!!!!

3. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Yup...gone cold again...have a tube heater on in our greenhouse !!!

4. Hugo15

Hugo15 Über Member

Popped in to the garage to switch my pedals over from my commuting ones to my Look ones ready for tomorrow. Only took me a couple of minutes but I was freezing by the time I was done.

5. Plax

Plax Veteran

Apparently the forcast here for tomorrow we are going to have a heavy snow shower in the morning followed by hail showers later in the afternoon. I shall await with baited breath. I hope it isn't too cold. I have a Christening to go to and don't want to die of exposure to the elements whilst at the church, I have my dress all picked out and everything!

6. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

It snowed this morning, then had a break of hours and hours and it's been snowing fairly heavily again.

7. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I'm shivering just reading about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Just come out of work its absolutely freezing, car windscreens in my street are starting to ice up. Whats going on its April been commuting in shorts this week.

9. betty swollocks

betty swollocks large member

I switched my heating off on the first and it's jolly well not going on again!
    Jumpers and thermals for me.

10. piedwagtail91

piedwagtail91 Über Member

beautiful blue sky and sunshine here this morning (sunday/lancashire). it's cool and there's a bit of snow on the roof but nothing on the roads. hope it's the same at ribblehead for the circuit of the dales time trail.

11. Fairly heavy snow since about 7am here. Going to wait until the afternoon before venturing out on the bike

12. Yes - bl**dy weather:angry: Never mind, it will be all nice and crunchy mucky by the time tomorrow's commute beckons...
    Runway shut at Heathrow this morning - here's a picture of Jack in the garden... he had to leave his bike indoors as it was too slippery :rolleyes:

13. Pete

Pete Guest

Snowing quite heavily even this far south, already settled to about 1 cm or so in the garden - but the roads are clear so far.

14. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Bloody hell! You've got more snow than us! Rainy, windy, and 2+ here.

Mind you, if I was bonj (and thank fukk I'm not) I'd call you a liar and say your enhanced that photo of your back garden. :rolleyes:

15. bonj is IN the pic dayvo - he's the one with the sticky up ears! :eek:
    (Actually, that's cruelty to animals so I take it back :rolleyes::biggrin:)