Bl***y McDonald

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I think McDonalds should be like it was in my family. Walk one mile to do shopping, then another mile to the McDonalds, (a little place with no seating within and a tiled bench on one side for the gentry) where your choices were a hamburger, or, if you were a mite peckish, a cheeseburger, and fries. Soda or a milkshake. Then walk 2 miles at mothers strict Teutonic pace all the way home. A fish sandwich may have also been an option, IIRC. Hamburger 25cents, Chheseburger 30 cents, fries for a nickel, and much better than the flaccid greasticks they hand you today. If you want good, fresh fries at McDonalds, ask for them without salt. You may wait a while.
McDonalds-600x424.jpg

Last edited:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Forgot to say I also bought her some flowers.:rose:

Didn't I read somewhere that someone goes skip diving for flowers at Asda?

(must be time for bed, had about ten tries at typing 'someone')

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
My 78 year old mother broke her wrist recently. She chose a purple cast. She was tossing up between purple and neon pink...

She possesses nothing that is beige or taupe.
You should buy her clothes Reg... running round the Care Home naked is probably frowned on.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
My wife wanted some new tops so I offered to take her to Asda in Queensferry and buy her lunch there as well. What a disappointment as they only have a McDonald's there and we don't do McDonald's, so we just had a sandwich instead. At least, she got 3 tops which I very kindly offered to pay for.
Why don't you do Macdonalds?

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Why don't you do Macdonalds?
Because it is crap food and very unhealthy for you.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Because it is crap food and very unhealthy for you.
But so is Burger King, the local chippy, kebab house, curry house (arguably), sweet shop, wimpy and all manner of fast food joints.

People are pretty snobby about MacDonalds (not suggesting that's you by the way, I don't know you well enough to suggest that) and yet, every time I visit the place, it's absolutley packed, so someone must go there.

I've seen people I know who tell me that they despair the place and ban their kids from visiting, all sat around a table tucking into a meal.

Sure it can be blamed for enticing children to poor diets with shiny toys and clowns, or of being a corporate machine that pays poor salarys and exploits workers but knocking them for serving bad food...have you tried egg mc muffin...it's a joy!

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

But so is Burger King, the local chippy, kebab house, curry house (arguably), sweet shop, wimpy and all manner of fast food joints.

People are pretty snobby about MacDonalds (not suggesting that's you by the way, I don't know you well enough to suggest that) and yet, every time I visit the place, it's absolutley packed, so someone must go there.
That's why I never go to any of these places and can't understand why some parents take their kids there " as a treat". This is bad parenting in my book and kids should be discouraged from going there.
I've seen people I know who tell me that they despair the place and ban their kids from visiting, all sat around a table tucking into a meal.

Sure it can be blamed for enticing children to poor diets with shiny toys and clowns, or of being a corporate machine that pays poor salarys and exploits workers but knocking them for serving bad food...have you tried egg mc muffin...it's a joy!

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

S
I never go to any of these places and I think that kids who go there is from bad parenting. I hate hearing those words: "I will take you for McDonald's for a treat".

Top Bottom