1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black & Blue

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by yenrod, 23 May 2008.

1. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Are you a rider who wears back and blue apparell to ride in: Ive seen quite a few recent' in my locality and its quite hard to see.

2. Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant

Can't be that hard to see or you would not have spotted them.

3. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

a slightly electric blue shorts and a blue top sometimes

it feels bright enough for summer on London streets

a red bike and a white helmet if we're doing this properly

4. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

Black bike with blue tyres, and me wearing a blue top and blue helmet and black shorts. Perfectly visible.

Messenger bag has reflective stripes on it, shoes have reflective bits on back and I have lights for when it's dark (and an electric blue jacket with reflective bits on for colder/darker eves).

5. Plax

Plax Veteran

I'm rather favourable to yellow. My jackets are yellow (apart from my purple one, but that's a running jacket but I have worn it once on the bike just to be different). I'll quite often wear a yellow gillet if I'm just wearing a t-shirt. Unless it is my pink flowery top - I feel that it must be displayed in all it's glory when I wear it :sad:
    New bike is metallic green old bike is grey and I wear a black lid (I was most gutted when the white flowery one was a tad too small and I had to go for the mens version).

6. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Long-sleeve winter top from Bicycle-line (Halfrauds),blue body, black arms, (been brill) usually worn with Yellow Gilet.

7. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Purple.

8. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy New Member

Nice and bright orange / white long sleeved jobber (Northwave) is my fave...nice & cozy and pretty much VISIBLE. White helmet.
    Club colours are blue/orange/white....reasonably visible too.

9. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Black bike, black shorts, black jersey. No problems at all staying visible.

10. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

Like the old Motorola kit! black shorts and blue top! used to wear it loads till i ripped it up in a crash.....

11. briank

briank New Member

How do you know?:ohmy:

12. Mr Pig

Mr Pig New Member

Bright yellow Gortex lightweight jacket. The only other one I wear, a thicker lined one, is bright red.

13. GrahamG

GrahamG Über Member

I hate hi-viz and the ubiquitous yellow cycle jackets, but all the same I do try and wear quite bright clothing - partly to be seen, and partly because I hate dull boring clothes.

14. CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops

Black bike, black trousers, black polo shirt, black shoes, yellow hi-vis vest, Dinotte lights. :-)