Black Country Ants Ate Your Football

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
I like it Crock :sad:
Reminds me of an incident at work once...
Engineer was installing an automatic drain to a compressor reciever in a petfood plant (we had a maggot problem, but it wasnt connected to the work the engineer was doing).
This involved laying a smallbore tube along a gulley to take the water away from the reciever drain.
Female supervisor (Debbie)walked in halfway...'whatcha doing ?'
'Installing a maggot trap'...
:biggrin::wacko: 'Really'...and so she walked off.

Later that day, engineering manager walked in and said...
'ok, who told Debbie we were installing maggot traps'
Pete laughed and said 'it was me...why'

She'd only raised the subject in a managerial meeting. :biggrin:
Site manager raised his eyes and looked at her as though she'd gone mad.
Engineering manager nearly spurted a mouthfull of coffee all over the conference table.
General mirth from all attending...and a red faced Debbie who didnt know where to put herself. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Nice story, CoG!

And gbb!

Not quite the same:

I was in Israel many years ago, and the volunteers from the kibbutz (me being one of them) were on a coach trip around the north of the country.

At the far end of the country, I and a few mates walked as far as we could to the Israeli-Lebanese border control. We walked back to the bus and a friend, a kiwi girl, asked where we'd been.
I replied that we just been in to Lebanon. She expressed a great interest in 'going' to Lebanon too, and I said that there aren't too many travellers from the Israel side who enter.
'Just ask for a 15-minute visa and show 'em your passport' said I.
She marched off, only to return with a look of total disgust and anger at having been taken for a fool at the control, 'What, no 15-minute visa? But, but my friends have just come back from there!' and then with us when it dawned on her that she'd been had! :blush:

User1314 said:
we drove 150 miles to the in laws in the Black Country.

"Ants ate your ball," I said. "They managed to eat the stitiching beacuse it's just a cheap thing." (In an attempt to deflect blame)

Even the ants are tough in the Black Country :blush:

Black country joke
What do you call a china man living in the Black Country who has been in a fight?

Hu lamped chow

Top Bottom