black eye - how long

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
any one know how long it will take for a black eye to heal?
I currently have a beauty and was just wondering... eye was not involved in incident, this seems to be from the bruise to the forehead above it from what I can tell.

ribs aren't to good either, but that is another matter.
thanks

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Very hard to say tbh.

Depends on age, how bad it is, how you generally heal etc.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Very hard to say tbh.

Depends on age, how bad it is, how you generally heal etc.
its age is currently since Sunday, though it did not appear until Monday... my age 40.
bad - well can see out of it, but there is swelling. not impacting eyesight, can just see the swollen eye brow
heal - I bruise well and some have been known to linger for 3 or 4 weeks...

Attachments

• IMG_5493.JPG
    IMG_5493.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 94

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
its age is currently since Sunday, though it did not appear until Monday... my age 40.
bad - well can see out of it, but there is swelling. not impacting eyesight, can just see the swollen eye brow
heal - I bruise well and some have been known to linger for 3 or 4 weeks...

Ouch GWS .......... you need to be more careful at your age ;):giggle:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I banged my head falling into a stream while walking. Bump several inches above my eye.
Next day, bit of black below eye on that side.
Area spread, several square inches.
It took weeks to go away (although it did fade to just looking like a dirty patch - it didn't stay black all the time!).

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Ouch GWS .......... you need to be more careful at your age ;):giggle:
helmet is dead. ground decided they should be in 4 pieces not 1 excluding visor....
Ooh belter! sympathies.
take it then it is going to be a good one. Amazingly I have never actually had one before (yeh I know, with my track record it is a surprise but...)
It will probably last until just after whatever important meeting you have coming up :becool:
no job - makes life so much less stressfull until I have to update that CV of mine which is 9 years out of date and explain somehow why I thought giving up my job to go and cycle around the world was more important to me than working in IT. not worked out a satisfactory explanation for that, but also not even thinking about it until I get back from my 2 weeks cycling holiday which starts in Saturday... (minus a helmet but at least that area of Scotland is so quiet a helmet will not be needed on the roads....)

Lee_M

Guru
no job - makes life so much less stressfull until I have to update that CV of mine which is 9 years out of date and explain somehow why I thought giving up my job to go and cycle around the world was more important to me than working in IT. not worked out a satisfactory explanation for that,

I would hope that wouldn't be a problem, you can't fill your office with deadbeats who never do anything! I'd be more tempted to at least i'v you to find out

Licramite

Über Member
well I can't see you will get much change out of a fortnight,
- you could get matching eye shadow for the other eye and make it your new look. !. - that or start sporting film star dark glasses and carry it off glamorously.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
I would hope that wouldn't be a problem, you can't fill your office with deadbeats who never do anything! I'd be more tempted to at least i'v you to find out
getting my CV up to date, once my leg is good enough to work (and once my eye looks a touch better) is one of those accepting the dream is over things that I am still trying hard to put off. I know the sooner I accept it, get a job, save money, then I can get back out and carry on where we left off, but it feels like it is the end of the dream and I don't want to go there yet. Tis a job for after Easter and as mad as it sounds, I need to work out how to explain it to people and sort it out on my CV without terrifying the person reading it into thinking I will drop the job at a moment's notice - luckily all of my jobs I have been in for a long time - the last one was for 7 years which is why the CV is 9 years out of date. I also need to work out if I actually want to stay in IT which I am not certain I do - I never chose that career path but was seconded into IT when I worked for the armed forces (as a civvie).

Lee_M

Guru
getting my CV up to date, once my leg is good enough to work (and once my eye looks a touch better) is one of those accepting the dream is over things that I am still trying hard to put off. I know the sooner I accept it, get a job, save money, then I can get back out and carry on where we left off, but it feels like it is the end of the dream and I don't want to go there yet. Tis a job for after Easter and as mad as it sounds, I need to work out how to explain it to people and sort it out on my CV without terrifying the person reading it into thinking I will drop the job at a moment's notice - luckily all of my jobs I have been in for a long time - the last one was for 7 years which is why the CV is 9 years out of date. I also need to work out if I actually want to stay in IT which I am not certain I do - I never chose that career path but was seconded into IT when I worked for the armed forces (as a civvie).

I get it, I've been in IT for 28 years, and the only reason I am was because after uni I had two job offers, one in London and one in Taunton, and just fancied trying London

So much for career planning

I hate it, but I'm good at it, thats the problem.

Seriously though going round the world is a good thing for a CV not a bad thing

Licramite

Über Member
I get it, I've been in IT for 28 years, and the only reason I am was because after uni I had two job offers, one in London and one in Taunton, and just fancied trying London

So much for career planning

I hate it, but I'm good at it, thats the problem.

Seriously though going round the world is a good thing for a CV not a bad thing

- its better than going round the bend ! -

Top Bottom