Black Friday and Cyber Monday bargains,purchases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I tried looking on ebay yesterday and nothing. Why is it impossible to get a discounted wahoo but not Garmin!
Because they don’t need to discount to sell the quantities they produce. Different business model to Garmin who likely make more margin on each unit at RRP so they / retailers can discount a bit at certain times

I am desperately trying to think of something I need as nobody is doing 75mm square 6 foot and 8 foot wooden posts, 24" drive in spikes and bolt down metal supports on a black Friday or cyber Monday deals. Can't think of anything else I want.

It’s not smart. It’s a Tacx T2650 that I purchased second hand for £30 and then got a speed sensor and cadence sensor which is Bluetooth and ANT for about £40 and then use the “dumb” setting on zwift.

The downside is that gradients are not mimicked. I can be putting the watts out and because the gradient in screen is 9/10% I’m going no where but if I had a smart trainer it would be more realistic but can’t justify spending £500+ Just to have an accurate simulation.

also with Zwift you get 25km free per month without having to sign up to asubscription.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think if it wont be on discount, I'll just wait till the summer to buy it.
Won’t be discounted then either, maybe try after Christmas? Although the Roam is new so discounts won’t be forthcoming.
I’d just go for the Edge Explore at £120 less from Argos

Won’t be discounted then either, maybe try after Christmas? Although the Roam is new so discounts won’t be forthcoming.
I’d just go for the Edge Explore at £120 less from Argos
It's that whole buy once buy right. I feel like if I got it, I'll still be thinking about the wahoo and will end up getting it, so I just wasted money on a Garmin.

It’s not smart. It’s a Tacx T2650 that I purchased second hand for £30 and then got a speed sensor and cadence sensor which is Bluetooth and ANT for about £40 and then use the “dumb” setting on zwift.

The downside is that gradients are not mimicked. I can be putting the watts out and because the gradient in screen is 9/10% I’m going no where but if I had a smart trainer it would be more realistic but can’t justify spending £500+ Just to have an accurate simulation.

also with Zwift you get 25km free per month without having to sign up to asubscription.
I don't see a point of zwift for me if it doesn't closely mimick an actual bike ride, might as well be one of those people with a Peleton, my mum had it and sold it, I don't think it was great, nothing like an actual bike, not even close.

Fair enough, you know my views on Wahoo :laugh:
I think it's the wahoo advert that really got me..

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't see a point of zwift for me if it doesn't closely mimick an actual bike ride, might as well be one of those people with a Peleton, my mum had it and sold it, I don't think it was great, nothing like an actual bike, not even close.
If you want to ride your bike in winter, do so. Just get mudguards and the correct clothing 👍
I only use my turbo in the evenings on work days, and I‘ll use it less from Wednesday after the gym/pool reopen.

It depends what you use Zwift for. For me I don’t use it for racing or riding feature courses but as a way to jump on the bike for 30mins and pedal away with some entertainment.

I do take part in the sprints which usually involves me going hard to see where I land on the leaderboard.

I don’t particularly care if I am going up a hill and Zwift says I am doing 3mph when I am really doing closer to 9-10mph by replication of the gradient through pushing a harder gear.

If you want to ride your bike in winter, do so. Just get mudguards and the correct clothing 👍
I only use my turbo in the evenings on work days, and I‘ll use it less from Wednesday after the gym/pool reopen.
As @vickster says if it’s not raining or blowing a gale force wind then I’ll go out and ride in the open.

I have the bib tights. Just still need to buy gloves and a long sleeve thermal. I don't see the point of mudguards, will just weigh me down and I don't get splashed without them anyway.

Top Bottom