Black Friday and Cyber Monday bargains,purchases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
First of all what the feck is Cyber Monday?!🧐 it sounds like something from a hundred years in the future to me! Have any of you been buying 'black Friday bargains' and if so what've you bought? I'm scouring the internet to see if there's anything that i like at a decent price. 🤔

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Nothing to date.

I need a pressie for SWMBO and my mother. Small pressies though and haven't decided what.

Plus I'm on the hunt for a pair of lightweight centre-lock disc brake wheels on a budget, although will probably get them from my son's sponsor - I missed out on a set last week which I should have bought.

postman

Legendary Member
Not a thing,but the scammers have tried to get to me.A text about a transaction on our account.Well Mrs P sorted that reported it to the bank as a scam.

Slick

Guru
Not a big believer in all this especially as I heard on the radio that only something like 1 in 10 was actually being sold at a lower price. A fool and their money and all that.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm after a vintage style cigarette holder. I have my eye on a few,though this one seems quite nice. Yes,i don't smoke,but i just want to pause with it up my local park. Maybe find a smoking jacket as well,Noel Coward style! 🧐 :whistle:
1606586293521.png
1606586364733.png

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
First of all what the feck is Cyber Monday?!🧐 it sounds like something from a hundred years in the future to me! Have any of you been buying 'black Friday bargains' and if so what've you bought? I'm scouring the internet to see if there's anything that i like at a decent price. 🤔
Cyber Monday is an attempt by retailers to repeat the original success of Black Friday now that BF has been diluted/pre-sold to the point where it's utterly meaningless. It will fail. They've devalued the entire currency of such 'special day' promos. Won't stop 'em flogging dead horses though.

Or anything else they've been trying to shift for months.

I want a wahoo bolt or roam, depending on price but couldn't find a discount on it yesterday 😞 I doubt I'll have any luck with cyber Monday.

I purchased a quad lock kit comprising of case, water cover and out front mount for £44. I also bought a fleeced jacket from start fitness. It’s a football one but great for a winter cycling jersey.

I purchased a quad lock kit comprising of case, water cover and out front mount for £44. I also bought a fleeced jacket from start fitness. It’s a football one but great for a winter cycling jersey.
I have a quad lock too. That's how I use my phone as a GPS. What are you going to use it for?

Same as you. I rarely do routes as most of my riding is now contained to lunchtime rides weekdays. Thinking of using the Wahoo app as it can connect to sensors and record metrics including the path travelled. Not sure what to use the odd time I do need a route.

if the weather is naff probably use zwift.

vickster

Legendary Member
I want a wahoo bolt or roam, depending on price but couldn't find a discount on it yesterday 😞 I doubt I'll have any luck with cyber Monday.
There are rarely any deals on Wahoo, maybe get a second hand one, although you won’t save much

Same as you. I rarely do routes as most of my riding is now contained to lunchtime rides weekdays. Thinking of using the Wahoo app as it can connect to sensors and record metrics including the path travelled. Not sure what to use the odd time I do need a route.

if the weather is naff probably use zwift.
I wish I had a zwift but those turbo trainers are expensive, the wahoo one is like 600 and the other one 1k. Is yours a smart trainer that's interactive or is it the basic one?if I had a zwift I would be on it a lot. Also no fear of tyre punctures!

Top Bottom