Black Friday.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
I am doing the "spend nothing" day today. Which is hard cause I am poor and could do with some cheap cheap christmas pressies butI just hate Black Friday.

subaqua

What’s the point
I have been to busy with work and cycling to look at the size on the rims and get new rims for the commuter.

That's the Chrimbo ( yes that grates doesn't it :smile: ) project. Rebuilding the wheels on the bike. Should be fun.

aj101

Some things were cheaper pre black friday , my laptop has gone up £80 in the "sale "
Let me guess - PCWorld / Curry's?! Their pricing strategy is amazing sometimes (actually its probably so they can drop it in the january sales and say its a discount, guess you were lucky to get it when you did)

vickster

Legendary Member
Let me guess - PCWorld / Curry's?! Their pricing strategy is amazing sometimes (actually its probably so they can drop it in the january sales and say its a discount, guess you were lucky to get it when you did)
Argos from another post

MikeW-71

Veteran
Some things were cheaper pre black friday , my laptop has gone up £80 in the "sale "
Exactly.

The less we fall for this thing that we have never done in the past, the sooner it will be abandoned. I notice Asda stores aren't doing it and they aren't the only ones. It is fine in the USA because it's a national holiday. Here, it isn't, never has been and never will be.

REI (outdoor and sports retailer from USA) has closed all its outlets on Black Friday. Staff have a paid day off and they are encouraging people to avoid shopping and spend time outdoors.
Sounds good to me!

[QUOTE 4028505, member: 259"]I think REI is still a co-op, and it's a great place to go for hiking stuff and advice.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, has 5.5 million members with a share!
May just be a publicity stunt, but I like the message.
I wanted to hurl abuse at people queuing outside tesco at 5am on my way to work!

Top Bottom