Black Friday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Maybe he wanted them rather than needed them. Maybe presents, either way does it matter.

Yes, because if it is promoting unfettered consumerism and lurchases that would otherwise not happen. Then that is a problem.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Fire 7 tablets with Alexa from Amazon: £29.99 each . Just bought 3 of them.
I got the 8HD for my wife for her birthday. I'd already decided to get it, for £80. Imagine my feelings when I went to buy it, only to find it was in the BF sale for 50!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I bought some Adidas trainers for £25 yesterday that were £39 before. I knew they were because i had my eye on them when i saw them at £39 a few weeks ago. I wasn't 'Black Friday' shopping,just shopping in general...honestly!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I splurged a whopping £3.61 (including postage) on a power relay. I think it's in China at the moment but it should pitch up in mid-December.
30 amp power relay.jpg

Stephenite

Membå
I was sent out with the kids to get them some winter boots. It didn't work out very well.

I have a maximum 'attention' span of about 30 mins when it comes to shopping. It turns out the boy turns into a blethering mess after about 7 mins! The girl (three years old) just runs away at every opportunity. I count it as a victory that i have discovered which size in shoes they take... and they'll be ordered online.

Levo-Lon

Guru
BBC News - How to check if Black Friday deals really are cheaper
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46263150

Apparently better deals are available at other times of the year #shock #horror

Great isn't it.
News constantly telling us to go out and use the high street, then telling us don't shop as you can buy cheaper other times.

I don't go anywhere near shops if I think it's going to be rammed

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Our Black Friday purchases:

A Now TV stick with 3 month entertainment pass and 1 day Sky Sport pass included for £14.99 from Argos.
We already have a Now TV box, but given that the entertainment passes are £7.99/month from them, it's cheaper to buy a new stick...:wacko:

simonali

Guru
I was going to buy some Keen boots in their 20% off everything sale, but they removed them from the website! I expect they'll make a miraculous reappearance come Tuesday.

Top Bottom