Black Friday...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
CRC black friday.... :laugh: same prices and lots are actually more than they were last month.

Most places are the same, they play on the hype to get people thinking its a great deal.

Shoppers are savvy these days but that just means they buy off Amazon so the shop where they like to look and stand on the mobile making comparisons will soon be gone. :sad:

The shops cant win this war, only we can stop the online destruction of our high street.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
The shops can't win
@Venod seems to be highlighting an even bigger picture @meta lon. Anti-consumerism is growing.
4333864.jpg

johnnyb47

Guru
I popped into town to get some food shopping and thought i would have a look around the so called Black Friday sales.
One of the big sport's shops windows was plastered in the event and decided to take a look. I've had my eye in a pair of Merrell trainers in there for ages but couldn't stomach the price they wanted. Today they were exactly the same price. What made me laugh though was the Black Friday label on top of them promoting them. They were magically stating they were £20 more usually and are now on offer. There still the same price as they have been for the last six months.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I couldn't find anything I needed yesterday, so I bought a pulley on Black Friday. I needed a pulley. I'm participating in Cyber Monday as well. I need an idler wheel.

Mike_P

Guru
Seems to be Black Friday has become a branding for any offers since October. There have been so some decent offers but as always you should check pricing carefully.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I'm a keen bargain hunter, but the offers this Black Friday have been pretty poor in my opinion. Best deals I've seen are the deals on Xbox One's instore at Tesco, Lidl, and the Microsoft store. Argos had Samsung S10's reduced, and some good deals on Lego and video games and controllers. Amazon, Argos and others have the Echo dot down to £22 - great gift if you have Spotify. We bought a Russell Hobbs steam generator iron for £35 at Asda this morning - these are awesome. Ikea are doing their Christmas tree deal again - tree costs £29, but you get a £20 voucher to spend in Feb.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I think the deals have been quite poor this year - I mentioned a few decent ones in the other BF thread. I had a good trawl through the cycling retailers but saw nothing that was a genuine 'new' bargain, as opposed to something already at a discount.

I watched a few episodes of Hoarders this week. That show is guaranteed to cure me of my desire to buy another single thing. In fact, it makes me want to ring up for a skip.

screenman

Legendary Member
I popped into town to get some food shopping and thought i would have a look around the so called Black Friday sales.
One of the big sport's shops windows was plastered in the event and decided to take a look. I've had my eye in a pair of Merrell trainers in there for ages but couldn't stomach the price they wanted. Today they were exactly the same price. What made me laugh though was the Black Friday label on top of them promoting them. They were magically stating they were £20 more usually and are now on offer. There still the same price as they have been for the last six months.

My Merrell trainers have lasted over 10 years, I did buy another pair last year in case they stop making them.

Mike_P

Guru
Have grabbed a new pair of cycling shoes with 37% off compared to other sellers
Might not have been a BF only offer as such but it's pretty rare that the shoes in such an offer are in my size.

Top Bottom