Black Friday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Tuesday,

Mike_P

Guru
26th is BF but "BF" offers are on now although quite how they differ from normal reductions is questionable. Have bought a pair of cycling shoes as I have a well used patched up pair that the cleat bolts now will not tighten up properly in and a bookcase to replace one where the books are holding the shelves up! That was reduced by 11% so not the biggest saving but at least it was in stock. Better than one was that on sale was a higher price than normal!

Mike_P

Guru
There’s the “ Camelcamelcamel” website which allows you to compare the historic prices of items, and send you an alert if it reaches a specific price.
Only Amazon and not wholly reliable, just looked up a smartphone on it - no stock or mid £200s. Googled it, link to Amazon at £152.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Only Amazon and not wholly reliable, just looked up a smartphone on it - no stock or mid £200s. Googled it, link to Amazon at £152.
I’d used it in the past to track historic prices, and received alerts about items that I’d forgotten I was tracking. As you said, it’s Amazon specific which I should have mentioned

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
There's a (really bad) folding electric e-bike advertised in the Amazon Black Friday sale. Trouble is, the "reduced bargain price" is higher than on the manufacturer's website.

Simplest way to check for a bargain is to Google the item and see the range of prices that come up from other suppliers.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
BF deals have been so over-sed and over-exploited in the last few years that they are nearing meaningless now. Both Amzon and Fleaby have usual "today's deals" every day of the year. When you select BF deals, it just links to the usual daily deals page. I'm making my sister and brother-in-law a chopping board and will try to give wooden presents as much as I can this year! My Mum has been saying for years "you don't need to go overboard, it's silly", but my sister keeps ruining it every year by spending loads on everyone! We've got a good enough relationship for me to not care, I get her something thoughtful and cheap, and she is always grateful

Alex321

Veteran
If there is something I need/want, then I'll keep an eye on prices, see if they do drop this week. We did actually get a good deal on our new cooker last year, after we'd been looking at prices for a few weeks.

But yes, it is definitely over-hyped, and is just a way for retailers to get rid of surplus stock. So don't expect any good deals on bike stuff, where there are stock shortages rather than surplus at the moment.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just extends the run up to Christmas shopping period…at least for women…
Of course, men leave their gift shopping until Xmas eve :whistle:

Top Bottom