Black Friday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
More a case of is stuff in stock. Snapped up the smartphone at £152 this morning as its cheapest I have seen it, a Christmas present, and there were only two in stock. Not much use if it's turns up cheaper but out of stock.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Just extends the run up to Christmas shopping period…at least for women…
Of course, men leave their gift shopping until Xmas eve :whistle:

So true! I loved the adrenaline rush on Christmas Eve, the camaraderie with the other guys and realisation you had to shop somewhere that would also do the wrapping since you’d run out of time! Online has spoilt that.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
2 years ago I got some backpay on black Friday & had a bit of a spending spree. I bought some FFWD wheels at half price & they're great, never seen them so cheap since & bought a fair bit of new clothing at good prices. This year it seems to be Black November & I've yet to see any deal to make me want to part with any cash :blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What about a White Christmas!

Never happens.... my poor Grandad got scammed by my sister about a White Christmas - only like for 10p when we were young kids over 40 years ago......, but there were a couple of 'flakes' one Christmas, and grandad had to pay up, certainly no snow.:whistle:

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Never happens.... my poor Grandad got scammed by my sister about a White Christmas - only like for 10p when we were young kids over 40 years ago......, but there were a couple of 'flakes' one Christmas, and grandad had to pay up, certainly no snow.:whistle:
I think the bar at the bookies for betting on a white christmas is just a couple of flakes rather than a covering.

Mike_P

Guru
The smartphone bought yesterday on Amazon free delivery due the 24th at the earliest turned up this morning continuing a run I have had of next day deliveries without paying for such do have to assume paying for next day is a con 95% of the time.

Top Bottom