Blackfriars Bridge Last Night.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@ 1010PM....was an absolute nightmare....traffic stacked up from the South to the North of the bridge......

THIS BRIDGE IS A NIGHTMARE AND THE LAYOUT NEEDS RETHINKING OUT!

I have left this for four hours since going through the warzone where 5 vehicles were involved in two accidents not so many yards apart...including a single decker bus....It was never any good before hand but this bridge is an absolute F'kin nightmare.

I suggest that traffic shouldn't be able to turn right there because traffic is always in the wrong lane and having to make amends.

SHUT THE FRIGGING RIGHT HAND TURN AND MAKE IT LEFT HAND TURN ONLY TOWARDS ST PAULS.IT NEEDS TO BE ONE WAY PEOPLE CANT DEAL WITH THE TWO WAY LAYOUT.

I am so effed off about this bridge...it was bad enough with out all the idiots not allowing me through when I was riding the fixie.:becool:

IT WOULDN'T SURPRISE ME IF THESE ACCIDENTS WERE CAUSED BY THE SHYTE LAYOUT AND VEHICLES BEING IN THE WRONG LANE.

No I haven't been drinking at all.:laugh:

No video unfortunately because my MUVI was used on the way to work and my main camera is on the audax.

NO I CANT USE WATERLOO BRIDGE AS ITS SHYTE WHILE THEY DIG IT UP FOREVER.

laertes

Which end are you talking about?

Waterloo bridge is fully open again, by the way.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

North End of the bridge.

Thanks...I've been avoiding that one forever.....Used Westminster Bridge and it didn't seem too bad.

Tynan

Veteran
you hate every single bridge don't you hacks?

they're only a road over a river as far as i can see

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Don't hate them I just think they are poorly thought out and a danger to cyclists especially.

Southwark Bridge always has a cycle lane out and heavy lorries use it all the time.
Blackfriars Bridge Nuff said.
Waterloo Bridge is back to normal.Was there any difference before?
London Bridge a mess down the South end of the bridge and the North end is a bit suspect.
Westminster Bridge (Southbound) I don't really use it enough.
Tower Bridge....Ironically is where I had my ped acciddent in 1991 but I no longer use it.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I think you need to get in touch with your "inner-Bridge"!!;)

P.S...your avitar still gives me the creeps every time I scroll down and see a flea crawling on my screen. I actually tried to swat it the first time i spotted it:biggrin:

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

jonny jeez said:
I think you need to get in touch with your "inner-Bridge"!!;)

P.S...your avitar still gives me the creeps every time I scroll down and see a flea crawling on my screen. I actually tried to swat it the first time i spotted it:biggrin:

hahaha I guessed that may happen...Im sure I did it myself...:thumbsup:

Will change it sooner or later.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

laertes said:
Which end are you talking about?

Waterloo bridge is fully open again, by the way.

It was one lane...last night...doing more work on it....What are they doing? Digging for oil?

Nightmare last night...I took primary and a 59 bus didn't like it....Used Blackfriars again tonight but the bloody bridge is a nightmare...esp if some twat is texting or whatever he was doing on his phone when I was by his side...as of what happened to me tonight..Congratulations on making three bridges crap as usual.Waterloo,Blackfriars and Southwark.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Southbound Vauxhall bridge is a nightmare also - very stressful because of not wanting to use that dangerously narrow cycle lane. Northbound is easy thanks to the bus lane.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

BentMikey said:
Southbound Vauxhall bridge is a nightmare also - very stressful because of not wanting to use that dangerously narrow cycle lane. Northbound is easy thanks to the bus lane.

I think probably the best bridges I know are Westminster/Tower although I don't use them...London Bridge is ok but not perfect...What is Vauxhall?Next one along from Westminster?

Blackfriars is no fun esp down the bottom when some tit is using his mobile...He may have panicked last night when I blew the horn but I was right by his side...I think he was texting or something...I don't need that 5h1t...Blackfriars is hazardous enough as it is.;)

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Origamist said:
The sooner all of the bridges over the Thames have 20mph limits, the better.

Or cars were banned from one.Then again although my target for this was Southwark...a lot of lorries use this bridge so it probably isn't feasible.Never has both closed off cycle lanes working though.

Top Bottom