Blatant plug for your dosh!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mickwood

Hi guys!

Don't feel victimised as I'm whoring myself out to anyone I can!!

Me and the lads at work have decided to do the 3 peaks challenge to raise money for "The Firefighters Charity", "The Midlands Air Ambulance" and "The Tibet Foundation"

As I'm sure most of you know this challenge consists of completing the 3 highest mountains in England, Scotland and Wales in just 24 hours!

I've set up a 'just giving' site if anyone feels the surge of benevolence and facied giving giving giving!! It's the first time I've used 'justgiving' and I've only put the firefighters charity on the page and am awaiting help info from them to see how I can add the other two charities!?!

www.justgiving.com/dfrsredwatch-3peakschallenge

Thanks in advance peeps! Much love and....hugs...and kisses....and all other squidgy stuff :biggrin:

PaulB

Legendary Member
Don't feel victimised but seriously, can't you think of something else to do? It's the most over-used challenge and causes so much environmental damage to the routes and by the method of travelling between them, that it's possible you'll be doing more harm than the good you are attempting. I for one would not like to live in Seathwaite during the summer months as it must be difficult sleeping with numerous
well meaning but misguided 3-peakers plodding through their village.

Seriously, before committing to it, try and come up with something a bit less contentious or at least look up just how much environmental damage this challenge causes.

OP
OP
M

mickwood

PaulB said:
Don't feel victimised but seriously, can't you think of something else to do? It's the most over-used challenge and causes so much environmental damage to the routes and by the method of travelling between them, that it's possible you'll be doing more harm than the good you are attempting. I for one would not like to live in Seathwaite during the summer months as it must be difficult sleeping with numerous
well meaning but misguided 3-peakers plodding through their village.

Seriously, before committing to it, try and come up with something a bit less contentious or at least look up just how much environmental damage this challenge causes.

Yes mate, I'm a Mountain Leader and have been up and down all of them for years so I'm aware of the impact the 'Mass Attack' events organised by certain 'events' thats why we're going to do it independantly and well away from the times when others go. The event came from the idea that the lads on the watch know I lead others on activities like this and they wanted me to take them to do these 3 this year so we arrived at the idea of doing it in the 1 day (at a time of minimal impact).
Genuinely, I do understand your concerns and agree with them - to a point. :biggrin:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
mickwood said:
The event came from the idea that the lads on the watch know I lead others on activities like this and they wanted me to take them to do these 3 this year so we arrived at the idea of doing it in the 1 day (at a time of minimal impact).

I'm just curious - when is the time of minimal impact? 12th of Never? :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

mickwood

vernon said:
I'm just curious - when is the time of minimal impact? 12th of Never? :biggrin:

'Minimal'...not to be confused with 'None' :ohmy:

Apologies if the event offends ya but...we'd be going up each individual mountain at some point during the year. The ONLY difference is that we've decided to do them in the same day and try to raise money for charity, but not when the hoards of others will be there on "commercial 3 peaks challenges" - for minimal...not no...impact? :biggrin:

Top Bottom