Bleak Mid Winter CC Ride - London Sat 24th Jan.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
FINALLY!!:ohmy:

Bleak Mid Winter CC Ride - London Sat 24th Jan.

Start 10am @ The London Eye.

This ride is approx 30 miles, fairly sedate and with ample opportunity for tea & cake stops! I'm going for the 'mobile gathering' feel rather than mile munching so riders of all abilities will be comfortable.

Good clear weather is a must so please bring some.

The aim is to follow the Thames path from Waterloo to Greenwich.

This isn't strictly a cycle route so we need to be nice to peds, we will have to deviate from the river to cross a couple of roads and there may be a couple of bits where bikes will need to be carried.
(Think of it as 'My First Triatholon', but without the swimming or the race bits.:sad:)

From Greenwhich we'll have a stretch of road riding to Crystal Palace Park, visit the dinosaurs and sphinxes if we so wish and then head up and over the hill for a sprint down to Brockwell Park in Brixton.

This then starts the return stretch via Clapham Common(for a pint?), Battersea Park and returning along the Chelsea Embankment and Westminster, back to Waterloo.

There are other bits that can be added so if the weather is on our side and legs are willing we can extend the ride(eg. You can get a cup of tea at the Thames Barrier!:biggrin:).
Also, if any of the South London posse want to add anything or have suggestions please do post them or PM me.

Best Wishes,

And see you at the eye!;)

T :biggrin:

wlc1

:biggrin:

:smile:

:biggrin:

I can't come on this one but I hope you all have a wonderful ride. Have a cream cake for me. :smile:

Christopher

Über Member
you could deviate slightly to see the T34 tank in Bermondsey, for added wierdness (if needed!)

according to Wikipedia, it is: "located on a small piece of scrubland on the corner of Mandela Way and Pages Walk in Bermondsey, London"

not seen the thing myself, just heard about it...

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I've never seen it either!?:welcome:

I took my Cycling Instructor training in, and live not 5 mins from Bermondsey.
The training company is based in what was the old Peek Freen's biscuit factory which , in it's day, earned Bermondsey the local name 'Biscuit Town'.:girl:

Tynan

Veteran
West Ham will be thrashing Hartlepool in the Cup so no can do, it does sound really good fun

barring the sedate pace

Sig SilverPrinter

Do we swap mobile numbers before?
just in case I have trouble with the trains and I run late wouldn't want you to go without me.
Can I get down to the Thames path from Southwark Bridge?

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I've PM'ed you my number Sig.

I'll also be trying the ride on Monday for fine tuning.
Sig you might want to meet us outside the Tate Modern so you could come down from Liverpool St. to St. Pauls and over the Millenium(wobbly)Bridge.:biggrin:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Nice, nice, nice :wacko:

We'll be recreating sections of my daily commute... Clapham Junction to St Pauls, via the South Bank!

See those of you at the Windmill @ 9:30 who are meeting there and the others at the Eye - 10am :smile:

Top Bottom