Bleeping smoke alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pclay

Veteran
Mine lasted three years. The 9v battery lasted a year.

If mine last 3 years, they will be going back for an exchange.

classic33

Leg End Member
Let's see you do that at 11pm!

OP - if it bugs you that much, get on your bike and go buy a battery from the 24h mini mart or petrol station.
24 hour replacement telephone number included in the instructions(Fire Angel Alarms). Assuming it'd be a case of leave a message at this time though.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Why do they always decide to let you know the battery is low at 3-4 am..how do they know this is the best time to discreetly warn you?
Possibly because that is generally the coolest part of the day and battery performance is affected by temperature.
At a lower temperature a battery will give less voltage and will trip the alarm to warn you of this.

The uncanny thing about smoke alarm batteries is that they last just over the amount of time it takes you to forget how to replace them.

I've ripped a smoke alarm completely off the landing ceiling one night at 2am, because I couldn't remember how to get the old battery out and the beeping was driving me mad.

Actually, this thread has made me realise that I've forgotten how to remove the battery in my current crop of smoke detectors and even worse, I can't remember where I put the instruction leaflet for 'safe keeping'.

It makes me SO MAD!!

:banghead:

Graham.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
This happened to us last week. I was away with work when the thing started going off in the early hours. As my wife's in a wheelchair she couldn't do anything but endure it for 18hrs until I got home.

To top it off, the thing's obsolete. Guy came to inspect it recently, replaced with a new model but left the old one up as it would have left an unsightly mark!

Ha I don`t smoke or eat chips, so hopefully will survive until the morning....
With that life style, you may live forever.
Eeee,when i were a lad went to bed leaving t'coal fire burning and t'chip pan full o' lard still cooling down.
But presumably you had a guard around the fire, and lard doesn't just spontaneously combust sitting on a kitchen counter. By bed time, the lard wouldn't be very hot, unless you were taking the chips to bed with you.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
With that life style, you may live forever.

But presumably you had a guard around the fire, and lard doesn't just spontaneously combust sitting on a kitchen counter. By bed time, the lard wouldn't be very hot, unless you were taking the chips to bed with you.
No guard round t' fire and we took t' chip pan to bed so that we could slap some lard on us's chests in t'middle o' night to keep warm.:cold:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom