Bleeping smoke alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Does anyone else think it's strange that @iateyoubutler started this thread an hour or so after he asked for his account to be deleted and flounced? :wacko:
That's weird.

Still that beep beep beep can drive you crazy after a few hours.

A long time ago I was staying in a youth hostel in rural New Zealand. I had no real knowledge of the wildlife, so I didn't know if the cheeping creature I heard every time I woke up in the night was a mammal or a bird of some sort. Yeah, when the manager came into our room in the morning and said "the smoke alarm needs a new battery. didn't the beeping drive you crazy?" I discovered that we all assumed it was some sort of distressed animal.

classic33

Leg End Member
Get the local fire brigade to come round for a home safety visit.
Smoke detectors galore , and it's a free service.

( It is in Scotland )
Tis south of the border as well. Presumably cheaper to try and prevent them being called out to deal with a fire.

Drago

Legendary Member
Get the local fire brigade to come round for a home safety visit.
Smoke detectors galore , and it's a free service.

( It is in Scotland )

And the Missus can swoon over those chiselled firefighters.

download.jpg

OP
OP
I
Does anyone else think it's strange that @iateyoubutler started this thread an hour or so after he asked for his account to be deleted and flounced? :wacko:
I am allowed to.

It`s smart arse comments like you come up with that are the reason for it

If you`ve nothing useful to say to contribute to the thread then nob off

keithmac

Guru
I got 6 alarms free from the Fire Brigade, they've done 5 years already.

You can buy the long life PP9's designed for smoke alarms.

Our landing alarm has a "hush" function for when the wife's burning tea but you need the broom handle to push the button!.

The alarm in the kitchen allerted me to a water leak in the bathroom which saved our ceiling so very thankful for that!.

Moderators

Legendary Member
The last few posts have finished the job off neatly. The OP has left the building so no point in this thread staying open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom