Blimey, you feel as smug as a mug but...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trumpettom001

Yes, but the others are close to the centre line, and traffice is qued up in the other direction... suppose i could go on the right of one car, turn 90 degs, cross in front of this car, turn left 90 degs, cross that one on the left, then turn another 90 degs,, hmmm this is getting a little complicated.....

Trumpettom001

Joe, 15 cm is the same size at my space bar!!!!

GrasB

Veteran
You can either filter between stationary traffic or slalom either way you need to keep your self aware of the situation around you.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Trumpettom001 said:
Joe, 15 cm is the same size at my space bar!!!!

Oh, she was miles from the curb then!
Loads of room there, on the right hand side of her, where you should pass.
Just go.
When ive been filtering through traffic before, ive seen riders bump up onto the pavement to try and keep going, they aren't any faster, slower infact, i overtake them, as they are poncing about riding slowly along the pavement.

Just go. As i normally shout at car drivers when they are slowing me down
"go go go go go go"
:rolleyes:

Trumpettom001

You shout at car drivers to get them to go faster??? not that I have any objection to that, but my "special technique" is to over-take them... much more satisfying!!!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Trumpettom001 said:
You shout at car drivers to get them to go faster??? not that I have any objection to that, but my "special technique" is to over-take them... much more satisfying!!!

That depends, i will overtake, but if its a time when they have gone around a round about, and they are about to speed up, and they are just dithering, theres no point overtaking, because as your at the side of them, you just know they will speed up, and leave you on the right hand side, or in the second lane.
I was shouting it to a driver of a Subaru as we exited a round about, and i was ready for some speed. Got up to 33.36mph on the flat, might have been faster if i got a better exit from the round about, without him slowing me down. Had to leg brake.
And, if he wasn't there, i bet i could have sat right up behind the tipper lorry that was infront of him, and gone faster.

Trumpettom001

ARRRGGGHHH i hate it when vehicles do that!!! If they were to go a couple mph slower then you'd be able to go many MPH faster as you could catch up to them and slipstream them...

GrasB

Veteran
talking of "go go go go go go" once a guy at some traffic lights that when they were red came to a stop at an angle across the lane he was in so I couldn't filter, I was doing about 5mph as I knew the lights were going to change. Problem is he'd not worked out that there was a turn right lane which was for turning right AFTER the traffic lights, as he showed no signs of moving me & the car behind me just darted passed to the right of the tiny island for the traffic lights as he didn't move. At 2 sets of lights the driver of the car behind said "I think he was trying to block you" I replied "I know, it worked well didn't it" we both smirked.

jay clock

Massive member
It involved a cyclist getting badly hurt.....

http://www.expressandstar.com/2009/09/26/crash-brings-city-to-a-halt/

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Unfortunately, part of my commute is a busy trunk road. It's never fun.

Occasionally, it's stationary traffic all the way. This is always fun until one reflects that it's probably the result of an accident. Accidents on this road are, sadly, usually fatal.

And then one day last month, it was stationary for several hours on a Wednesday afternoon. This time it was because of an accident - involving me! Fortunately on this occasion, it wasn't fatal.

Actually, the other big cause of stationary traffic is SWOT - Sheer Weight of Traffic. The Highways Agency have just spent £5 million upgrading a roundabout down the road a bit. But guess what - on sunny weekends, the traffic still backs up becuase just after the roundabout, two lanes run into one. So that was £5 million well spent then...

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Trumpettom001 said:
ARRRGGGHHH i hate it when vehicles do that!!! If they were to go a couple mph slower then you'd be able to go many MPH faster as you could catch up to them and slipstream them...

....+ just pray they don't have to stop quickly with all their ABS and other gismos which you haven't got....

Top Bottom