Blocks & Cleaner (rims)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
I used to use a brillo pad when i was a yout. Whether right or wrong they were very clean when finished :whistle:

tyred

Legendary Member
I used to use a brillo pad when i was a yout. Whether right or wrong they were very clean when finished :whistle:
It's a good way to clean up rusty chrome rims.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Or get disc brakes to avoid this faff 🤣

A Ti with discs is something being looked at for the future, many brands seem to use hydro which I’m a little reluctant to go with.

At the moment I’m saving and taking stock of options, but until I sit on a bike I won’t know, next trip up near blue water I plan on dropping into the Ribble store.

I had TRP Spyres on a previous and those things rocked.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
ok thanks all, I gave the rims a good clean and they KS Salmons came today so I hope to go for a ride tomorrow, 40+ miles if I'm lucky.

I did order some of the black compound as well to see how it goes, but I don't mind if the salmon are used up faster if the rims preserved more.

ok thanks all, I gave the rims a good clean and they KS Salmons came today so I hope to go for a ride tomorrow, 40+ miles if I'm lucky.

I did order some of the black compound as well to see how it goes, but I don't mind if the salmon are used up faster if the rims preserved more.
Please report back.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
It will take some time to report back I’m afraid, seems cycling and having some time for myself and fitness is selfish, but that’s a separate issue.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
many thanks for the report back johnno - am still interested in whether they mean cleaning rims and rain are things of the past.

Let me get a few more rides on them, as I’m sure they like any braking surface need to bed in.

All I can say at this point is the rims are pretty clean, the blocks have picked up some crud, all four look like this but I didn’t see your post until after I inspected them so didn’t want to take all four off again ahaha

if I can get out Thursday, Friday and get some decent miles under my belt at the weekend I will take another look.

I have no issue with stopping power either, I had to hit them hard at one point and I locked the rear, I just need to learn to modulate them different then before.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
All I can say these are still going strong, the wear on the block isn’t that bad actually better than I expected.

They stop me well I have had a couple of incidents where I have needed to stop quickly, and they have done the job fantastically, I’m using Perelli P-Zero tyres.

I have had no more metal pieces in the blocks either, so I would recommend these, I’m looking to put these on my Ribble winter bike with campaq Veloce.

Top Bottom