Blood donation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not quite. It stops at age 60. I was reliably informed of that when I asked why they stopped inviting me after my 60th.
Major annoyance for me - I can’t see the reasoning for that.

Doesn't seem right
I went last year 0 OK I was rejected as my thingy levels were too low but being over 60 was not an issue
I would just go online and book an appointment - if you want to

I don;t think there will be a problem

probably just an admin glitch

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I'm also O- and last month gave my 93rd. I'm classed as a "first responder". My blood goes to baby units. Last donation went to County Hospital, Hereford .

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
There is no upper age limit as long as you pass the criteria. Details are available on blood.co.uk

PeteXXX

DSC_2118.JPG

65th pint sucked out of my left arm.
First donation as a 70 yr old and no problem being accepted or ill effects.
Next donation booked for February.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I haven’t given blood in years , first they stopped coming to work where it was easy to pop out from the office, then it was nigh on impossible to find an appointment I could get to that wasn’t already full, then they lost my details, then I tried again starting as new donor in pandemic years, managed to get a local appointment that worked, then they cancelled that, couldn’t find a local appointment not already booked up, no follow up from blood service after they cancelled on me. I guess they’re not short of A Rh+ and don’t need my blood.

PeteXXX

It can be a chore to find an appointment, I know! When I was working 5/7 shifts it was all but impossible, but now I only do a couple of days a week it's a bit easier but I still have to search for a place near ish that has availability.

The place I went to today had 170 bookings but shorter hours due to a lack of staff.

Top Bottom