Blood pressure After Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan O

Über Member
personally I think a whole weeks home reading carry more weight than a single reading at GP.
I'm part of a long-term BP study and have to send in readings every three months. What they want, in order to average out the inevitable variation, is three readings every morning and three every evening, a minute apart, for seven days.

And I always see quite a wide variation over the course of the week.

(Omron M2)

rualexander

Legendary Member
Home checking is all fine and good and can be a help to HCP's but remember a cheep one won't be bang on and not overly accurate. A number of things can effect reading when you take them which you may not know your doing. The growing about of for home checking this , that and the other is just for many feeding the ever growing army of the "worried well" In the end machine that go's ping won't can't replace a sphyg and steth and a good old HCP at the other end of it.

Yeah, but unfortunately most good old HCP's never take blood pressure correctly.
Doctor appointment is 10 minutes, but your supposed to sit quietly for 5-10 minutes before taking a blood pressure measurement, doesn't happen at a doctors appointment.
Supposed to sit with arm resting on a firm surface with the cuff at the same level as your heart, doesn't happen at doctors appointment, I've had mine taken with my arm resting on my lap, and in various othe positions. Cuff nearly always below heart level.

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
Thanks for all the reply's its interesting to make comparisons with other peoples experience , I have bought a BP monitor and will keep a record over a week or two to give to the HCP , my wife is a community 1st responder and has a NHS approved BP tester and that can give very wide range of readings when she has tested me .

Top Bottom