Blood pressure higher in the evening.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TonySJ

Regular
Im 55yrs have high BP and medicated, Ramapril at night and Amlodipine in the morning. My health is good although I've got Crohn's and had part of my intestines removed last year, only just over 1 foot.
I'm happy taking the medication as Id rather be safe than run the risk of an issue.
The medication causes no issues whatsoever so maybe I'm lucky.
I have to have B12 injections due to low levels during Blood tests probably due to Crohn's and less intestinal tract. The B12 that I was lacking has been like Spinach to Popeye for me as I drop all my friends even the younger ones lol.
I'm not sure if diet can reduce BP significantly on its own but worth a try but don't be to concerned about the medication just make sure you have regular check ups and the doseage is suitable for you and your BP levels.
There is a book "The China Study" which covers foods that is plant based and healthy, It could be worth you reading that to find alternative foods as it helps address Crohn's so will probably give you some dietary ideals.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I ended up with a 24h test last year as i was high every test at the doctors. Even bought a BP machine. What transpired is my BP would rise at work, but once sat down and relaxing it would fall to normal. As soon as i lay down it was quite low. The average was fine but as soon as i was up and at work it went skyward.

Beetroot is very good for lowering BP. You can get extract tablets. Its also good pre exercise.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
I ended up with a 24h test last year as i was high every test at the doctors. Even bought a BP machine. What transpired is my BP would rise at work, but once sat down and relaxing it would fall to normal. As soon as i lay down it was quite low. The average was fine but as soon as i was up and at work it went skyward.

Beetroot is very good for lowering BP. You can get extract tablets. Its also good pre exercise.

Yes - I am regular on the beetroot juice.

I take anti depressants for anxiety - a couple of inhalers for asthma .

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Go on a ketogenic diet, eat meat, fish, green leafy veg and eat fat, leave out the real killers, grains and sugar mainly found in bread, pasta, rice and potatoes. Your body needs cholesterol especially as you age.

Top Bottom