Bloody Bee.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Go on 4F.......Start the debate!! LOL

Sorry mate not got time for that one at the moment, that was last week. The thread "headphones , are they safe ?" is taking my time at the moment :biggrin:

Must be the time of year. Week ago saturday, was enjoying a ride in our beautiful coutryside when I noticed a wasp having lunch on my thigh. Just as I swatted the little blighter away I thought 'Too late, the bugger's bitten me!'.
Rode home with minor swelling and fortunately no further nasty reaction. Amazed it was so itchy for days and days inspite of applied ointments.

Felt something round my neck when I was in The Brothers chipshop in Stratford...put my hand there and got stung by a wasp I guess..My hand went red hot all of a sudden.

Great music.:whistle:

taxing

I'm turd scared of wasps. I like bees, I've rescued one out of a pond before, and if I see one in need I mix sugar and water on a tespoon for it, but I will flap and squeal when there's a wasp present.

Once a massive Queen bee got into my pyjamas while they were drying on the line, then I was at my mate's for a sleepover when I put them on and heard buzzing. We both ran around screaming, and not realising that it was in my pyjama jacket already, I hid under her mum's duvet. It stung me in the small of the back.

Bman

Guru
I was stung by a bee the other day too.

Riding along, minding my own business at about 20mph, the thing flies right into me. At first I thought it just bounced off my neck/chest and the pain was just the impact, but i pulled over and the ba*t*rd stung me just above the nipple, leaving its sting still pumping away.

It still hurt a little the next day.

My wasp horror story is horrible.

Last summer I was in the park with the Cubs. Time to head home, so we went and collected the bikes and set off walking across the park. CrinklyCub the Elder suddenly squeals and starts flapping about his ear - claims that something flew into it. I look, and there's nothing there so I tell him how it does smart a bit when a bug flies into you, and I've experienced a fly buzzing into my ear and rebounding out and it hurt for a fair bit afterwards. We continue walking across the park, the boy continues to make a fuss. I look again. So do two other adults. Pull his earlobe to get a view down his lug hole. Nothing there - stern words about making a big fuss, and go and get your bike now or I'll give it to another child who actually wants it. We walk a little further, and he utters the phrase 'but Mum, it's thundering in my head!'. So I stop, and look again. Pull his earlobe to straighten the ear canal - again. So three separate adults have looked, several times.

And then out of his ear, as I look, a pair of feelers appear. And out crawls a great big F off wasp :ohmy:

(No sting, thank goodness, and as far as he's concerned it was a hoverfly and that's the way the story is going to stay!)

Top Bottom