Bloody car drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I cant beleive it i got some woman in the pasenger seat of a car today having a go at me who the hell is she to have a go at me
there i was cycling along on my lovely raleigh bike in this nice sunny weather that is happening today, and im about 2 miles from home when i am going along a road which at the end turns into a one way street but going the other way. i go down it anyway why not im on a bike and its a quiet sunday morning but a car comes towards me so i go up onto the pavement
as i go along the pavement not going too fast only about 8mph not much over walking speed this car comes out of a car park and the woman leans out of the window and tells me its one way and im going the wrong way well i already know that but im on the pavement so it doesnt count
god how stupid can she get does the one way also mean that people can only walk one way down that road :evil::angry::laugh::angry::angry::smile::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::smile:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Gosh, how awfully bad at trolling you appear to be.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Im being serious here!
silver ford focus came out of the car park.
whats wrong with going on the pavement it took me around a section that i dont like to ride and means i dont have to go on a busy road with lots of traffic lights its just a quiet residential street

Hmm. Looking at your post history, you claim you have lost your licence (driving I assume) once and you are close to loosing it again. Now you come on here annoyed that you get hassle for cycling up the wrong way on a one way street and pavement cycling.

Sorry. No sympathy from me.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

so your trying to tel me that cycling slowly on the pavement on a sunday morning to cut off abit of a trip on a busy road is wrong
why
if someone was coming on the pavement then i would slow down for them
should i ride on the road instead then i usually do but on this one way street because a car was coming towards me i decided to be curtious and go on the pavement
yes i did lose my licence and yes i am close to losing it again, or at least was but i got rid of my car

OP
OP
J

Joe24

User3143 said:
It's illegal you f***ing ignorant knobhead, get that into your thick head before you start bitching about people having a go at you when you are in the wrong.
well arent you a nice chappy i think you need to relax some more my brother
im sure you dont do anything at all illegal then because obviously you are whiter then white

Gentlemen,

Despite the Spaghetti Monster's penchant for breaking the law, this does not excuse the lady in question.

gavintc

Guru
Yes, but which is worse; illegal cycling or a concerned motorist commenting that said cycling is illegal. Spaghetti - get a copy of the highway code.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

i dont need a copy of the highway code its fine to cycle on the pavement fake police officers do it and so do many other people ill just cycle on the road next time even if a car is coming it will be a tight fit but shouldnt be too bad
i think you all need to relax abit i was going slow and the only person around was this so called concerned motorist that really was just a busy body im old enough to know whats safe and whats unsafe thank you very much

purplepolly

pastaman said:
Ias i go along the pavement not going too fast only about 8mph not much over walking speed

Average walking pace is 3mph for women, 3.5 mph for men, lower for small children, the elderly and infirm.

purplepolly

pastaman said:
i think you all need to relax abit i was going slow and the only person around was this so called concerned motorist that really was just a busy body im old enough to know whats safe and whats unsafe thank you very much

I think you need to relax a bit. It may have been safe but you were legally in the wrong. If you get worked up over little things like this you're going to get seriously high blood pressure.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

then those people should get a lovely raleigh bike like mine and be able to go faster then! god why spend time walking its just slow

Top Bottom