Bloody cyclists... and police.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Driving this time, around a 90deg left bend that has a junction that joins from the right. This is a common place for cars to pull out whilst I am cycling/driving.

No vid, keep meaning to sort out a recorder in the car (got the cameras but returned the DVR as it was poor). Corner/junction in mention is this in this vid.

This time, im in the car... 4th in a line of 4, Police van waiting to join the junction and would have been able to join after me.

Up the side of the van though comes a roadie, straight onto the road and nearly into my path!

Right in front of the police van...

1. Annoyed the Police didn't even say anything.
2. How stupid have you got to be to pull that type of shoot around a police van!

OP
OP
D

DrSquirrel

User3143 said:
1. They wouldn't - they have bigger issues to deal with I'd thought.

2. 'Nearly into your path?' What, so the cyclist stopped?

You really are a twat

2. It was a close one indeed, they didn't stop dead, neither did I, we both slow them being the ones in between 2 lanes (oncoming and my/their intended direction).

trek58

I agree there is no excuse for bad cycling/driving, on sunday (23/5/10) on a local charity cycle event, going up a steep hill their is a set of traffic lights with 2 lanes the inside lane is turn left only. Going straight across i was in the r/h lane, lights red i stopped & waited, several cyclists took the inside lane, jumped the lights, the vehicles having right of way had to stop. My point is this was not a race. only to brand cyclists as irresponsable road users.

Crankarm

Guru
This thread is a bit useless without film footage.

It's going to sound a bit harsh, but no one was hurt, thousands of these misdemeanours happen everyday day. Should the police respond to every single one they see they wouldn't travel more than 50m down a road. Sometimes you just have to let go which I guess is what the police do. Sh1t happens, but you should be thinking "fortunately I made it through today in one piece and no one was killed or injured." There WILL be something else tomorrow that seems as if it is worth changing the world for. Move on life IS too short.

But I still believe all RLJers should be shot, after they have paid their fine :laugh:.

NigC

Crankarm said:
Should the police respond to every single one they see they wouldn't travel more than 50m down a road. Sometimes you just have to let go which I guess is what the police do. Sh1t happens, but you should be thinking "fortunately I made it through today in one piece and no one was killed or injured." There WILL be something else tomorrow that seems as if it is worth changing the world for. Move on life IS too short.

50m - That's a little over-exaggerated, surely?

I don't agree with the idea the police should ignore these little incidents. OK, in this case nobody was hurt and we don't really know how bad it was. But a 2-minute chat with a cyclist might just be enough to make him think next time. And maybe, just maybe, that could save his life and the sanity of an innocent motorist who just happened to be in the wrong place.

But who knows, maybe the police in this situation had something else they needed to attend to and decided this one could be ignored.

Crankarm

Guru
NigC said:
50m - That's a little over-exaggerated, surely?

I don't agree with the idea the police should ignore these little incidents. OK, in this case nobody was hurt and we don't really know how bad it was. But a 2-minute chat with a cyclist might just be enough to make him think next time. And maybe, just maybe, that could save his life and the sanity of an innocent motorist who just happened to be in the wrong place.

But who knows, maybe the police in this situation had something else they needed to attend to and decided this one could be ignored.

Nope, that was what a traffic cop seargent said on a BBC Cop documentary. If with the ANPR switched on and a clean sheet when they started out on a shift, they would most likely not get further than 50m down the road if they stopped to deal with EVERYTHING.

So perhaps in this instance the police were on more pressing duties such as the pizza or DVD runs, hide and seek or delivering a birthday card :wacko:? This has all happened. Leicestershire and the Met police. Anyway the police have a hard enough job without dealing with f'kin stupid cyclists.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Crankarm said:
So perhaps in this instance the police were on more pressing duties such as the pizza or DVD runs, hide and seek or delivering a birthday card :wacko:? This has all happened. Leicestershire and the Met police. Anyway the police have a hard enough job without dealing with f'kin stupid cyclists.

Funkin DVD run Crank...I'll give you funkin DVD run, just how drawkcab do you think us plod are...we've just had Sky plumbed in so we don't need to do DVD runs! Besides, got a store full of the latest (ahem) DVD's from the bloke down the market so we don't ever have to leave the station....!:biggrin: They were probably off to seize some alcohol from the kids down at the park for an office party!
xx(

OP
OP
D

DrSquirrel

I know it's a bit useless without video, just needed to air this bit of frustration really.

I understand Police are "busy", and cannot stop everything... but this is the kind of thing I would go for, the total piss take that was the cyclist.

I guess from now on, the cyclist can do this as much as he wants when the police are around... well not really, but it helps gives people the impression they can.

Maybe I shouldn't have braked so hard and smacked him off the bike? Of course I wouldn't do that, I'm not so psychotic, might have made the Police take notice - or still too busy?

User3143 said:
:laugh: May have taken 9 hours but I'd knew you'd bite eventually.:laugh:

No I didn't

The police are easy to spot around here, just look for any Krispy Kreme concession and you will find porkus mobilus (latin for police car), nearby.

Crankarm

Guru
Vikeonabike said:
Funkin DVD run Crank...I'll give you funkin DVD run, just how drawkcab do you think us plod are...we've just had Sky plumbed in so we don't need to do DVD runs! Besides, got a store full of the latest (ahem) DVD's from the bloke down the market so we don't ever have to leave the station....!:angry: They were probably off to seize some alcohol from the kids down at the park for an office party!
:laugh:

I like your style Vike ............. :laugh:.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Catrike UK said:
The police are easy to spot around here, just look for any Krispy Kreme concession and you will find porkus mobilus (latin for police car), nearby.

Cat You have Krispy Kreme shops, I mean not just Donut shops but Krispy Kreme.......:laugh:

I hate being a country bumpkin at times

Top Bottom