Bloody Dogs lol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billym0404

Bloody Dogs, just been out for a speed ride. thought go out a bit later and hopefully it will be quieter. so it wasnt loads of dog walkers. so i set a fast pace there, turned round to come back. now i always slow down and go past dogs that way. the was a woman with a little terrier, i slowed to let her no i was there. she got a hold of the dog. i passed and of i went. next thing i know the a dog snapping a my sleeve. at this stage im back up to 20 mph and almost crashed through it. she must have let it loose as soon as i passed. wasn't happy. but it was all ok even though i had to slow about 15 times, i still set 2 personal records and even got the 13 fastest time ever of dog 1500 recorded times on one bit. though i do have an electric motor assisting me lol

Drago

Legendary Member
Frame pump full of sand makes an excellent dog repellant club.

OP
OP
B

billym0404

this one wasn't friendly, left slaver on my arm. i think if id been going slower it would have had a hold of me. ive only ever been bitten once and that was my jack russel, duke many many years ago, on the bum lol. had to have a tetnis lol

Drago

Legendary Member
How does that work?
This is a genuine question.
I have had couple of accidents due to dogs. This is one of my biggest fears when touring. I am always looking for ways to protect myself from dogs

The clue is in the word "club". In all seriousness, I wouldn't recommend it unless you were in fear of your safety.

DaddyPaddey

I had a labrador pup jump up onto my lap when I was riding the Scorpion across the local park. When it proceeded to attempt to lick my face the owner found it hilarious. Owners 11 yr old son was afraid the dog would catch something!

classic33

Leg End Member
I had a labrador pup jump up onto my lap when I was riding the Scorpion across the local park. When it proceeded to attempt to lick my face the owner found it hilarious. Owners 11 yr old son was afraid the dog would catch something!
You've had all yer jabs!

simongt

Guru
Was out for a rural ride once. as I was cruising past a house on a country lane, a small terrier came belting out of the driveway entrance and pursued me, barking and snapping when it was close enough. 'Fraid the only answer was a sideswipe with my foot which put it off the idea of further aggression.

GuyBoden

Guru
A fat Basset hound runs after me a few times a year, same dog, same house, I usually stop and then it plods back to it's house, I have mentioned to the owner that it could knock a rider off their bike. It does look funny trying to run.

five-dog-breeds-that-are-prone-to-obesity-54e319ab3ea42.jpg

OP
OP
B

billym0404

what a donut i am lol. i bought a little camera for safety. so Monday i used it. so just been looking at the footage and cant help but laugh. i have 40 minutes of footage upside down lol. and the 1hr 30 of my dark garage as i forgot to switch it off lol. good start. mind the footage is good if you do a headstand.

snorri

Legendary Member
Bloody Dogs, just been out for a speed ride. thought go out a bit later and hopefully it will be quieter. so it wasnt loads of dog walkers. so i set a fast pace there,
You don't think it may have been a poor idea to do a "speed ride" on a route frequented by dog walkers, or even dogless walkers?

Top Bottom