Bloody Dogs lol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

billym0404

big stick is the cheapest. its a bloody nightmare. its not that i mind people walking there dogs. i used to have one. its the complete lack of control they had. i was out Sunday and came up behind a family with 3 adults, 4 dogs to small kids on bikes and one in the pushchair. i tinkled my bell 3 times before they herd me. its not bloody one lol

OP
OP
B

billym0404

so, i'm out yesterday powering along. watching for dogs and owners. up ahead theirs 2 women (tis is not sexiest but it does just so happen all 3 dog issues ive had have been women) so i see them miles ahead coming towards me. talking and on there phones. dogs running all over. i slowed down and it still took a while for them to see me and grab the dogs. so i started to ride past, not to fast but the path was wide so i was starting to move a bit. one of the dogs pull loose and charged towards me.

now i could have been a right twat and hit it, but a put the brakes on till they grabbed it. now hears the great bit. i herd one shout did you not see the sign. so i stopped and asked what sign was she referring to. the one that says be curious to other path users. so i did bite a bit. my reply was does the sign only apply to cyclists. she replied with something i didn't hear. i few words were exchaned. when i said that the sign may also apply to dog owners who let there dogs of the lead and cant control them.

why are there some idots about. i passed at least 10 people with dogs yesterday. 9 of them saw me comeing or i made sure they herd me. they all got there dogs to heal. we all smiled or nodded as i passed. and yest this person seemed to think that her and her dogs had more right away than me.

BLOODY DOG OWNERS lol

Kajjal

Guru
If you are not used to dogs they are impossible to read. I regularly go round a local reservoir where people walk their dogs. Most dog walkers are fine and move their dogs to one side. Sometimes I will startle a dog and have had mainly terriers come barking after me. All I do is stop and talk to them which calms them down instantly in most cases. Only a few times have I had to raise my voice and firmly put a dog in its place.

If you ride where there are dogs just take your time and give the owners a good chance to move their dogs out the way if needed. Charging round at high speed is a very bad idea amongst dogs.

OP
OP
B

billym0404

i'm all ways aware and never charge past dogs or people. every issue ive had is when owners hold there dogs, but cant keep hold. if your dog charges after bikes and you cant stop it, keep it on a lead. horses dont like recumbent s at all. i tendd to stop and let them pass.

Top Bottom