Bloody Employers !!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by ozboz, 13 May 2019.

1. ozboz

ozboz Über Member

Yesterday morning Ms ozboz had an off because of a dog walker using a retractable lead and gave the dog to much leash and it ran into the road and the consequence was Ms ozboz was in A&E all day but was released after CT scan came up clean sheet , there was a thread about it posted elsewhere yesterday, anyway. I contacted her work yesterday on her behalf giving them good notice of events and possibility of being off work as a result,
    today apparently the Company Line manager deemed think that Ms ozboz should at her age , 51 should reconsider her mode of transport ?? , Now , it was the same supervisor that signed off paying for Ms ozboz stepthrough Ridgeback hybrid to be serviced as the bike was being used by Ms ozboz because she perform her work better , and also signed off the CtW bike a Trek Domane for her , hard to believe .......

SpokeyDokey, Oldbloke and Pat "5mph" like this.
  2. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Differrent hat each time?

3. deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset Full time tea drinker

Line manager using ''risk averse'' behaviour to cover for their own ''responsibility averse'' character.

Fab Foodie, SpokeyDokey and mustang1 like this.
  4. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

Oh, I do believe it.
    Our employer just asked us cyclists to "reconsider out mode of transport to work" because the locked bike shed is going to be unavailable for a few days, due to some digging works nearby.
    Meh!

SpokeyDokey, pjd57, Dave7 and 4 others like this.
  5. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

Forgot to add: every time there is a big sporting event on, like the Commonwealth games was back in 2014, the first thing they do is to ban bikes for security reasons.

6. OP
    OP
    ozboz

ozboz Über Member

Ridiculous , it’s more of a case that their roster was upset , in real terms aren’t the employers suppose to encourage cycling for reasons quite well known : health etc ?

Fnaar, Dayvo, classic33 and 1 other person like this.
  7. classic33

It was the only way into work at one stage. Unsocial hours and no public transport nearby.

When they relocated the "It can't be done" was trotted out. A few that cycled, but I was nuts for even considering it. Then told them it had already been done. It got me the job, and it helped get me finished.

ozboz likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    ozboz

ozboz Über Member

A 51 year old female should be applauded for chosing to commute by bike and championed to try and encourage others of both gender to follow suit ,
    Bloody Joke ,

coco2, otek59, dave r and 19 others like this.
  9. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Extra solar

If only car drivers who have accidents gave it up that first time and got on bikes instead .

coco2, Milzy, snorri and 16 others like this.
  10. classic33

I know one, car driver, who had "one or two" accidents. He once forgot to replace the brakes on his bike, then found out why they were fitted in the first place.

tom73 and ozboz like this.
  11. Slick

Slick Veteran

Would be great to know where they see the danger. Hard enough carrying a laptop, not much chance of me getting a rocket launcher anywhere near the airport. :blush:

Fnaar, Pat "5mph", Edwardoka and 2 others like this.
  12. Slick

Slick Veteran

The guy or girl is obviously a nobber, but in all honesty I've come to expect nothing less.

ozboz likes this.
  13. classic33

You're not going about it right. How far is the rocket good for?

Fnaar, mustang1 and Slick like this.
  14. Slick

Slick Veteran

:laugh::laugh:

Fnaar and classic33 like this.
  15. classic33

Estes Rockets
    "Because of the variety of rocket designs and engines used, the height of rocket flights varies. Estes has model rockets that can fly from 100 feet to several thousand feet and all are reusable."

Slick likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice