Bloody Employers !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Without employers there would be no employees.
And self employed?

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Would be great to know where they see the danger. Hard enough carrying a laptop, not much chance of me getting a rocket launcher anywhere near the airport. :blush:

1019052d1443627349-concealed-carry-bike-options-mtb-machine-gun.jpg

Could come in handy around Airdrie anyway

Slick

Guru
Without employers there would be no employees.
I was an employer for 15 years and I quickly realised that you were only ever going to be as good as your worst employee.

I may be wrong but I assumed the person we are talking about is a manager more as company owner.

vickster

Legendary Member
What’s their view on parents who have to take time off at short notice to look after sick children? Get rid?
(Clearly a sensible strategy but not necessarily acceptable to all :whistle: )

View attachment 466450

Could come in handy around Airdrie anyway
Nah you don't want to be weighted down, acceleration is the key to making it through Airdrie. That and caltrops.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My line manager was the same, despite our place actively supporting cycle commuting.

When telling him about a MTB weekend I was doing with mates he said 'I thought you'd given that up' - I said, only road cycling. I did delight to tell him I was back in work on Monday with no injuries, but we'd had two broken bikes, a nasty horsefly bite and a few bruised between the 7 of us.

I no doubt, if I was off with a MTB injury he wouldn't be happy (I was off work 7 months and on 2 months phased return after getting my spine broken commuting to work).

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
I was an employer for 15 years and I quickly realised that you were only ever going to be as good as your worst employee.

I may be wrong but I assumed the person we are talking about is a manager more as company owner.

I am not sure if you are asking me or replying to a quote , but it was as they say these days a line manager , a lady of some 60+ years , It appears that she was more concerned with the inconvenience of having to re schedule the personnel Roster in the event of time off work than Ms ozboz welfare ,

Slick

Guru
I am not sure if you are asking me or replying to a quote , but it was as they say these days a line manager , a lady of some 60+ years , It appears that she was more concerned with the inconvenience of having to re schedule the personnel Roster in the event of time off work than Ms ozboz welfare ,
I was replying to a quote but thanks for confirming exactly what I suspected. Obviously I would just ignore the woman.

Top Bottom