Bloody love France!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I thought your name was Julia?

Have fun

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Currently on our Belgium, bikes and beer tour. Whilst cycling through Dunkirque, a car slowed along side me and the window wound down. Rising panic as i awaited the inevitable abuse. Two rather genteel middle aged ladies leaned out and called "Bonjour! Bon route!"
Not the usual UK response!
I've had similar in Devon.
Going uphill once, an oncoming car stopped to let me through. As I passed, the windows we're down and the middle aged couple we're clapping and shouting out - ' Well done!'.
Bloody love the UK! ^_^

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
In Morocco last week, hobbling up to the top of Ait Ben Haddou...

upload_2019-5-27_19-2-10.png

we kept bumping into little groups of Japanese tourists, many of whom gestured to my crutches and gave me a grin and a thumbs up.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Ah Provence! My favourite place in the world, and my wife's too. It has everything: Sun, wine, food, scenery, lovely accent from the locals, laid back living, smell of lavanda in the fields, crickets playing their tunes at night . Paradise.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Currently on our Belgium, bikes and beer tour. Whilst cycling through Dunkirque, a car slowed along side me and the window wound down. Rising panic as i awaited the inevitable abuse. Two rather genteel middle aged ladies leaned out and called "Bonjour! Bon route!"
Not the usual UK response!
Not the usual french responce. as i have found it. But good to hear,

Slick

Guru
Let me speak to Mrs Slick: I did 4 bike tours after the age of 50 (none before), a hot shower, a nice warm bed at the end of every day, a double espresso at every coffee stop :biggrin:
She was on the Belle web site last night. I was trying to encourage her to get involved but obviously I can't go with the Belles so we're going to the Kelpies on Sunday with Go Bike.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
She was on the Belle web site last night. I was trying to encourage her to get involved but obviously I can't go with the Belles so we're going to the Kelpies on Sunday with Go Bike.
Andy, the GoBike route maker and ride leader, has a tendency to find hills where there are none, muddy fields when it's dry.
I can't see him taking the straight canal route ^_^
Let me know how it went, I am working this Sunday, but will do a Belles ride to the Kelpies soon.

Top Bottom