Bloody madness...so sad.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
fossyant said:
Stoopid dad....feel sorry for him because he will have to live with his stupidity....

I don't feel sorry for him. He put his child knowingly in a place of danger and unfortunately the worst happened. The man is a fool of the worst kind. He will have to live with his actions for the rest of his life and suffer the consequences.

simonali

Guru
I know it's hindsight and all that, but surely it would've made more sense to leave the quad bikes wherever they were and go get them in the morning?

There is a mobile phone shop in Frome that, until very recently, was giving away these things with certain contracts. I did wonder whether this story had anything to do with the offer coming to an end.

domtyler

Über Member
I just cannot, can not, understand what could possibly have been going through his head at the time.

cchapman said:
I think you're being overly sentimental. Admittedly she was sacrificed to her father's vanity, but she was only a seven year old girl. Yerss, very sad.

I'm not a parent, but even I find that comment incredibly insensitive, at best! ;)

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
No sentence a court could have given him will come close to the knowledge that he was responsible for his daughter's death.

Dayvo said:
I'm not a parent, but even I find that comment incredibly insensitive, at best! :eek:

Not when you take into account all the other injustices that go on ignored. The death of a 7 year old girl (though sad) is tame in comparison.

PaulB

Legendary Member
cchapman said:
I think you're being overly sentimental. Admittedly she was sacrificed to her father's vanity, but she was only a seven year old girl. Yerss, very sad.

What an ignorant thing to think. You need a check up from the neck up.

Rolling Thunder said:
Not when you take into account all the other injustices that go on ignored. The death of a 7 year old girl (though sad) is tame in comparison.

Whilst taking your point, once you start ascribing values to lives you're on a rocky road. No life is more or less value than another nor can one life be truly measured against many.

Top Bottom