Bloody man flu

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
From the 7-11th Feb I had a dose of man flu. Before this I was feeling really strong on the bike.
I stayed off the bike for the commute until yesterday, on the ride home I was weak as a lamb still.
It's nice outside at the moment and I want to ride..... but I've not fully got rid of this lurgy.
I have a whitewater coaching assessment to do next weekend in North Wales, so want to be fit(ish) for that.
My question to you is "why is life so bloody frustrating?"

My question to you is "why is life so bloody frustrating?"

Seems to be the way; when you're feeling strong something always gets in the way, work, illness or whatever. I'm a big believer in hydration; loads of squash/water all the time if I feel I'm coming down with something/recovering from something- seems to do the trick.

Hope you get back into the swing of things soon and you're fit for NWales; I've done a lot of mountaineering,climbing and a bit of kayaking in North Wales- where abouts are you running the assessment?

C

OP
OP
Dave 123

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Either the Dee at Llangollen or the Tryweryn. I'm being assessed coaching on moving water, not running the assessment......
I managed 12.5 miles on the bike yesterday and a mile paddle today. Both knackered me..... EPO & blood transfusions may be the answer!

Either the Dee at Llangollen or the Tryweryn. I'm being assessed coaching on moving water, not running the assessment......
I managed 12.5 miles on the bike yesterday and a mile paddle today. Both knackered me..... EPO & blood transfusions may be the answer!

Not done any paddling on either of those places; Llangollen is lovely, however! Not at all sure why I assumed you were running it mind you :wacko:...

Get well soon!

Top Bottom