Bloody old driver.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthames

Über Member
How about old people on mobility scooters?

I very nearly got taken out today by an old lady on a scooter who pulled out of a side street into my path without looking. Some of those scooter users are completely oblivious to other road users and pedestrians. And don't even get me started on the ones who barrel down pavements and pedestrian zones at 8mph without slowing down and expecting everyone to just jump out of the way.

Don't get me started on them. I live in a town where the average age of the population is over 65, or seems like it. There are quite a few that use mobility scooters to get around and woe betide anybody who gets in their way.

Another problem with older drivers is due to old age their eye sight diminishes, it makes you wonder how many visit the opticians regularly enough and have an updated prescription in their glasses.

Usually when I see an older driver, I tend to give them a bit more space as I have seen quite a few do some really silly things quite unexpectedly.

StuartG

slower but further
How about old people on mobility scooters?

I very nearly got taken out today by an old lady on a scooter who pulled out of a side street into my path without looking. Some of those scooter users are completely oblivious to other road users and pedestrians. And don't even get me started on the ones who barrel down pavements and pedestrian zones at 8mph without slowing down and expecting everyone to just jump out of the way.
And they don't pay road tax, insurance or have number plates ... oh dear what a load of ageist, misogynist nonsense this thread has become. Crazy people with contempt for others seem to exist in all forms young and old, nay even CC posters. Damning a whole group for the misdeeds of an unrepresentative few is an issue we cyclists suffer every day. Shouldn't there be a lesson there?

So leave a little more space for us more mature riders please. Or maybe we should be super-glued to one of those care-home armchairs to watch eternal re-runs of the TdF
wink.gif

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
And they don't pay road tax, insurance or have number plates ... oh dear what a load of ageist, misogynist nonsense this thread has become. Crazy people with contempt for others seem to exist in all forms young and old, nay even CC posters. Damning a whole group for the misdeeds of an unrepresentative few is an issue we cyclists suffer every day. Shouldn't there be a lesson there?

So leave a little more space for us more mature riders please. Or maybe we should be super-glued to one of those care-home armchairs to watch eternal re-runs of the TdF
wink.gif

I only damned one old driver...not all old drivers.

Top Bottom