Bloody Wasps...............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
Davidc said:
We'd all be worse off without wasps, even if they are a menace.
IIRC they pollinate more plants than bees do and some - pears? - are only pollinated by wasps.

I like them. I don't even mind them nesting in my roof.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Globalti said:
These are the queens looking for suitable nesting places. Terminate with extreme prejudice.

Absolutely. Jaspers, hate-em.
Got a few so far this year, one was nest-building on the back of the garage door. After last years nest in the eaves, I'd rather not have any more.

Don't be taken-in by waspy-feckers pleadings when he shows up...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
ColinJ said:
There don't seem to be anywhere near as many [wasps] as there used to be years ago when I was plagued by them every summer.
Aaargh - I just turned round and spotted a giant bastard flying in through my Velux window! :sad:

The old jasper-avoidance instinct kicked in straight away and in one swift movement I leapt over to the window and flipped it through 180 degrees, shunting the wasp back to the outside world where it belongs. :laugh:

potsy

Rambler
Had one come through the open kitchen window today,cue me jumping around like a girl until it flew back out again:blush::sad: I hate the little gits since I fell over as a kid on a field and when I got up I had one stuck to my palm!!

Top Bottom