Bloody Weather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
Warning everyone, I am off on holiday for a week and I have a reputation of attracting monsoon rain when I head away.....

image.jpg

Expect floods next week!!!

gavgav

Guru
I had intended to hire a bike during my week in Tenby. So far we've had monsoon rain for a day and a half and wind.

The rest of the week suggests I have the following choices

Tuesday - torrential rain all day
Wednesday - 40mph winds
Thursday - hailstorms
Friday - thunderstorms

I tell you what, I won't bother!!

PaulB

Legendary Member
It's been a 'summer' of unmitigated misery on the weather front. I think we're seeing cyclists less fit than normal as the wild winds and heavy rain in what's being deemed 'the warmest summer on record' are keeping people indoors or cutting rides short.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Wow; looks like we might be getting a dry day here with only light winds, and temperatures into double figures :wahhey:.
Can't let this pass me by without at least a quick bike ride, but then I need to resume the exterior house painting :sad:.

The utter cack weather does of course resume tonight and carries on into the weekend. Heavy rain for two days FFS... Having said that, the BBC/Met Office tends to forecast doom and gloom for Scotland, while being more on the optimistic side for the SE of England :angry:.

I was thinking about this last night, the talk was of "an August so hot it'll set your pants on fire..." from the media.

Liar, liar!
Got to say that we have been pretty fortunate down here. Spring, and early Summer were dry, windy and not much sun!
July and August have been very warm, occasionally very hot!! Not too much rain (not enough, to be honest) but we have had winds more than usual, I think.
All in all, not too bad!

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Got to say that we have been pretty fortunate down here. Spring, and early Summer were dry, windy and not much sun!
July and August have been very warm, occasionally very hot!! Not too much rain (not enough, to be honest) but we have had winds more than usual, I think.
All in all, not too bad!
Yep its been a good summet down South.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Yep its been a good summet down South.
I'm a little further west than you but I'd say, distinctly average.
Wind has been a major feature, lack of sun apart from an occasional few days here and there. Not much rain, however, until recently.
I've only swum in the sea 5 times this year but two of those were in Deal! Did you spot a bronzed and toned Adonis having a dip? I was hiding behind him.:smile:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I'm a little further west than you but I'd say, distinctly average.
Wind has been a major feature, lack of sun apart from an occasional few days here and there. Not much rain, however, until recently.
I've only swum in the sea 5 times this year but two of those were in Deal! Did you spot a bronzed and toned Adonis having a dip? I was hiding behind him.:smile:
Bugger if i'd have known i have snapped you for the photo challenge.:laugh:

Hope you did a tour of all the hosteleries we erm have a few:blush:

Top Bottom