Bluegrit or Thistle Bondit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salar

A fish out of water
Calling out for plasterers @johnnyb47 :smile:

I'll be moving soon and all of the ceilings in the new house are 90's shiny artex, quite a pronounced pattern.
I'll probably / might :rolleyes: if my better half lets me do the prepping myself a day or two before our plastering friend turns up.

Quick question, Bluegrit or Thistle bondit, which is best to use for a very textured artex.

Thanks

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Be careful. Artex may contains asbestos.

Over boarding may not be possible if there is coving to the perimeter.

Firstly scrape all nipples large bits so all the artex is now smoother Surface then apply two Coats of pva mixed accordingly one coat first once that has dried then apply the other till it’s sticky then its ready to put the first coat of multi finish plaster on then followed by the second and once all stages are followed correctly it should be a nice smooth finish.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
Over boarding may not be possible if there is coving to the perimeter.

Firstly scrape all nipples large bits so all the artex is now smoother Surface then apply two Coats of pva mixed accordingly one coat first once that has dried then apply the other till it’s sticky then its ready to put the first coat of multi finish plaster on then followed by the second and once all stages are followed correctly it should be a nice smooth finish.
This
It is exactly what I did to our ceilings, works fine, bonding is another layer of plaster that needs to go off, I was also recommended blue grit by a mate, however I had lots of Unibond in the shed and I had done this before.

Top Bottom