Bluetooth Speakers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 23692

I've got a Marshall kilburn which is an older rechargeable version of the Stanmore. It's got a lovely rich bassy tone which is easy powerful enough to fill a room. Battery seems to last ages.

There are other better speakers out there, but they don't say Marshall on them

Only problem is that the controls don't go to 11

Old jon

Guru
Have owned the Bose you mention just over a twelvemonth. Sound quality is excellent veering to wonderful. No need to turn the gain to eleven. Can drive it from the phone, a Win PC or a Ubuntu laptop or even its half a dozen presets.

The only difficulty is that it can be awkward to tell it to use a particular device, it may take an extra minute to turn on the music you want.

The presets do not have to be radio, as the software seems to indicate, I have three using music on my NAS drive. Which reminds me, putting all my music on that drive was quite a task.

tom73

Guru
looked at a few inc the Bose they are a nice looking bit of kit and sound-wise not too bad. Did at one point think of a Sonos but they just look like a lump of plastic and you need a bridge to get it to wok with your home network. Father outlaw has Sonos one and loves but get sound is a bit poor for me lacks richness for me. A great bit of kit all round though not cheep is a Naim Mu-so Qb we almost bought one but price went up and had to give it a miss.

Around the time HomePod came out and all apple house we went for it and can't fault it.

If you are near a John lewis store maybe worth calling in and testing a few out. We did and it helped weed out the one that just don't cut it sound and quality wise.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
I've got a Marshall kilburn which is an older rechargeable version of the Stanmore. It's got a lovely rich bassy tone which is easy powerful enough to fill a room. Battery seems to last ages.

There are other better speakers out there, but they don't say Marshall on them

Only problem is that the controls don't go to 11

Interesting...... a pal at work tells his doesn't "fill" his large living room, it was that reason I was leaning towards the Stanmore, not bothered about portability.

looked at a few inc the Bose they are a nice looking bit of kit.
If you are near a John lewis store maybe worth calling in and testing a few out. We did and it helped weed out the one that just don't cut it sound and quality wise.

I am and I have, I was impressed but can't get past the looks, I'd get muddled up with the Bose the de-humidfier and the sandwich toaster. Horrible.

I too would like the Zepellin but am baulking at £500, I am not an audiophile and just want loud clear (ish) sound to replace a wired amp & speakers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Bought some Edifier R1700BT's, I like the look of them and am happy with the sound, very much so for less than £120 delivered.:okay:

71SCRkHwD0L._SX425_.jpg

plainlazy

Über Member
I have had a Bose but the speaker below is just as good if not better. I paid £39 for mine on amazon but I cant seem to find them on there now. They had some excellent reviews and for the money it is spot on.

Mod Note:
Sorry, link deleted because my browser says it's not secure.
Try posting another link to the product, or a picture?
Welcome to CC by the way! :welcome:

Last edited by a moderator:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Sadly, my Zeppelin seems to be dying. Doesn't accept the iPod any more and there's a noticeable background hum/buzz when powered up. Also keeps dropping the signal on the 3.5mm input. All in all it might be finished.

I have permission to replace it in a couple of months and the budget is £500 roughly. The simple thing to do would be to buy the current wireless Zeppelin but I'm tempted by the Naim Mu-So QB or even the Sonos Play 5.

I'm not an audiophile but I know a few here are. I only ever play music via Amazon Music Unlimited and Alexa these days so are these the best options at that price point?

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
If you want something cheap, portable with a built in battery, take a look at the Anker soundcores. Brill for the size
They are, and can be stereo paired. Their portability is more useful than I'd thought. I have mine paired with the tiny Alexa whatever it's called (the one sans speaker)

ETA
Flare model.

contadino

Veteran
Sort of wish I'd seen this a while back. Just bought a pair of Ruark Audio MR1 MarkII's. They're chuffing amazing but cost a bomb - and I was deprived of the opportunity to try 100 different speakers and pontificate needlessly before buying the 1st one I'd tried.

Top Bottom