Bluetooth thingy for Di2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
My new bike has Ultegra Di2 and I've just ordered a Garmin Edge 1000. Gimmicky as it may be, I'd like to link the 2 so that I can see the Di2 battery level on my Edge and also what gear I'm in (more for the post ride analysis than during the ride).

I know that I will need a bluetooth junction box but I've Googled it and there appear to be at least 2 different models (EW-WU101 and EW-WU111). I'm not sure of the difference, or if one is an old model replaced by the other?

The 101 appears to be designed to fit near the rear mech and the 111 looks like it can go anywhere in the system? (databus style wiring?).

I've ordered the bike with a 5 port junction box under the stem (just in case I decide to add sprint switches later) can I utilise one of the 2 spare ports?

Really at a loss here so thought I'd ask you good people :smile:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
My new bike has Ultegra Di2 and I've just ordered a Garmin Edge 1000. Gimmicky as it may be, I'd like to link the 2 so that I can see the Di2 battery level on my Edge and also what gear I'm in (more for the post ride analysis than during the ride).

I know that I will need a bluetooth junction box but I've Googled it and there appear to be at least 2 different models (EW-WU101 and EW-WU111). I'm not sure of the difference, or if one is an old model replaced by the other?

The 101 appears to be designed to fit near the rear mech and the 111 looks like it can go anywhere in the system? (databus style wiring?).

I've ordered the bike with a 5 port junction box under the stem (just in case I decide to add sprint switches later) can I utilise one of the 2 spare ports?

Really at a loss here so thought I'd ask you good people :smile:
Can't the dealer you bought the bike off help?

U

User33236

The 101 is the older unit like you say. It is designed to sit nicely on the seat stay near the rear mech but can and will fit anywhere in the chain. I have mine down my seat tube immediately after the battery.

There is also a spare socket in the shifters for adding sprint switches without bothering with more ports on the junction box.

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
The 101 is the older unit like you say. It is designed to sit nicely on the seat stay near the rear mech but can and will fit anywhere in the chain. I have mine down my seat tube immediately after the battery.

There is also a spare socket in the shifters for adding sprint switches without bothering with more ports on the junction box.
I thought this had to be an in-line fit, will it still work with just 1 connection?

U

User33236

I thought this had to be an in-line fit, will it still work with just 1 connection?
I have a lead from the battery in the seatpost into it and a lead out to the connection block near the bottom bracket so it is not a single connection.

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
Just bit the bullet and ordered the EW-WU111 :smile:
Looking at available options for location - if I want the unit hidden out of the way (which I do) it will have to go in the Seat Tube. There is a small opening at the front LH side of the Down Tube but, until I get the unit, I won't know if it'll fit.
I'm assuming I just pull out the plug from the bottom of the battery (I have the special tool) and plug in the WU111 then use another wire (got a 200mm coming with the WU111) to close the circuit back up to the battery?
Once it's installed is it plug and play or will I need to carry out any set up? (I've read conflicting reviews so advice from someone who's actually done it would be good). I want to connect the bike to my iPad to use the E-Tube App and also to my Garmin Edge 1000 so I can get info displayed on the screen.

Top Bottom