Blurry Photos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I've noticed for a while now that no matter how sharp my photos are on my phone, when they've been uploaded to cyclechat and been squeezed to death for server space that they are blurry.
Any way to fix this? Too many perfectly good pics are being well and truly spoiled because of it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Is that really happening?

I have uploaded a few pictures recently and they look okay to me, but I normally resize them first and upload smaller versions. Let me try with a big picture and the smaller one that I made from it...

1,000 x 652 pixels

4,000 x 2,248 pixels

Hmm, I think the original HAS been slightly blurred... I suggest that you try resizing your pictures to (say) 1,000 pixels wide before uploading them?

Is that really happening?

I have uploaded a few pictures recently and they look okay to me, but I normally resize them first and upload smaller versions. Let me try with a big picture and the smaller one that I made from it...

1,000 x 652 pixels
View attachment 490035

4,000 x 2,248 pixels
View attachment 490036

Hmm, I think the original HAS been slightly blurred... I suggest that you try resizing your pictures to (say) 1,000 pixels wide before uploading them?
Your chain is badly worn, BTW.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I've noticed for a while now that no matter how sharp my photos are on my phone, when they've been uploaded to cyclechat and been squeezed to death for server space that they are blurry.
Any way to fix this? Too many perfectly good pics are being well and truly spoiled because of it.
Hi!
I can't say I've noticed this with my own pictures: I don't resize them, but I tend to edit them first on my laptop, don't know if this makes a difference.
I'll put this issue to the attention of @Shaun.

OP
OP
Vantage

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Hi!
I can't say I've noticed this with my own pictures: I don't resize them, but I tend to edit them first on my laptop, don't know if this makes a difference.
I'll put this issue to the attention of @Shaun.

It's when reading text that it's most noticeable. If a roadsign is perfectly legible on my phone before uploading, it's usually very hard to read after uploading. Like jpeg compression gone mental.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've not had a blurry one, edited, resized, or not.
Most of my pics are taken and uploaded via my mobile.

Shaun

Founder
@Vantage is this still an issue? Some of your most recent photos seem to be okay.

The forum software will resize any images that are wider than 1200 pixels or taller than 900 pixels, with a commonly used on-server compression method that is balanced in favour of retaining image quality (although it can depend on the subject matter).

Do you know the dimensions of the original images from your phone camera?

OP
OP
Vantage

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Hi shaun.
I haven't noticed any issues lately but then again I don't think I've uploaded any pictures containing text. Those are the ones that show up the blurry/fuzziness most.
The phone is currently set at 20mp/5120 x 3840px/5.77mb before any outside compression happens. It looks like the forum software is doing quite a bit of squishing to my pics going off those numbers :blush:

Top Bottom