BMC Teammachine ALR ONE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdcadillac

Hello all,
I came across this bike with a dealer in Vancouver. I checked their website and they offer only 3 years warranty on frame compare to lifetime for Dale and Trek!
The specs looks great, the price as well. It is only 9 kg.
they mentioned that it is triple butted and have no clue what does it means. I assume is good since I saw before double butted on other frame.
I am posting below the link and if it is a seller market and I can not buy now at least I will keep increasing my knowledge with the community help
https://bicicletta.cc/collections/bicyclesframesets-road/products/bmc-teammachine-alr-one

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Triple butted is a bit of horse manure really. Double butted means the tubes are thinner in the middle than they are at the ends, triple butted means there’s another step in the tubing. It might make it fractionally lighter but it’s really just marketing hype to pull you in.
surprised only 3 years warranty, would have thought they would offer more to bring them into line with other manufacturers. BMC is a Swiss company but made in the Far East as others are, they produce well respected bikes.

OP
OP
T

tdcadillac

Triple butted is a bit of horse manure really. Double butted means the tubes are thinner in the middle than they are at the ends, triple butted means there’s another step in the tubing. It might make it fractionally lighter but it’s really just marketing hype to pull you in.
surprised only 3 years warranty, would have thought they would offer more to bring them into line with other manufacturers. BMC is a Swiss company but made in the Far East as others are, they produce well respected bikes.
Thank you for your feedback

AndyRM

XOXO
I mean this with the best will possible, but I think you are in danger of seriously over-thinking your choice of bike, if you aren't already.

It's easily done, but you could honestly drive yourself mad with all the choices out there.

Rim brakes v discs are really your only decision if you're after a road bike.

Everything else is much of a muchness, unless you are looking at spending a lot of money. And I mean a lot.

OP
OP
T

tdcadillac

I mean this with the best will possible, but I think you are in danger of seriously over-thinking your choice of bike, if you aren't already.

It's easily done, but you could honestly drive yourself mad with all the choices out there.

Rim brakes v discs are really your only decision if you're after a road bike.

Everything else is much of a muchness, unless you are looking at spending a lot of money. And I mean a lot.
Thanks Andy appreciate your feedback. i will tune now to Manchester vs Chelsea game and relax a bit :smile:

Gunk

Guru
I've just clicked on your link and read the spec, it is the later "better" model with full 105 and an upgraded wheelset. Great bike, you won't regret buying it.

OP
OP
T

tdcadillac

Top Bottom